Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Friendly and compitent

Interesting house, moat and rooms. Guides helpful. Gardens and greenhouses were amazing. Would... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
cdmUK
UK
I would love to live here

One of the nicest National Trust houses I have ever seen. Lovely place, wonderfully helpful staff... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2021
1930jr
Guildford, United Kingdom

1,426 results
All reviews moated manor house national trust vegetable garden second hand bookshop nearby packwood house nt properties walled garden room guides fascinating house interesting history interesting property estate walk timed tickets the kitchen gardens are lovely stately home lovely visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my visit to this site, it was a nice sunny day and the grounds are lovely. Part of the house was closed for refurbishment which we were made aware of by the reception desk. However upon entering the house to look around the open parts we were sourly greeted with strange stares and told quite abruptly that the upstairs was closed. It was a warm day and yes I do have several tattoos, so they were on show. I do not expect as a paying customer (not on this occasion as the card machine was broken?!) to be looked at like I have three heads. Just because I have culture in some ways doesn't mean I lack it elsewhere.
Would not return purely on this basis.
Also fed up of being badgered at every English Heritage or National Trust site to sign up for a membership. Yes we are interested and yes we will sign up eventually when we have the money. I don't need the 20 minute chat everywhere I go!!

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank lilymclarenxox
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This National Trust house is one of the best we have been to. The place goes back beyond the 1500s and has many historical features such as unusual priest holes that drop down into the sewer! We spoke with a few of the volunteers who gave interesting info on various details of the house and its varied history. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Rob T
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

I've been here a few times and there's always more to see each time! The house is beautiful in itself and the cafe is always worth a visit but what keeps us coming back is the parkland surrounding the house. No two walks are the same and you can spend hours wandering through gardens, fields and woodland! Great day out but bare in mind that dogs aren't allowed into the house and in some places must be kept on a lead in the parkland. Great day time and time again!

1  Thank Herps
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

To see a genuine moated house was a real treat. Walking around the outside you can see so many differences in the stone and brick. Informative volunteers, National Trust do a fantastic job.

Would move into this place in a flash. Gardens would be lovely in sunny weather. Squirrels abound in the grounds.

Restaurant serves a variety of foods from sandwiches, cream teas and hot foods.

Even as an overseas visitor do youself a favour and join the National Trust if you're planning on visiting a lot of the residences and save yourself in the long run.

1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Baddesley Clinton is a perfect example of a National Trust property shown to its best advantage. The property is one of the best preserved medieval moated houses I have ever visited. It is wonderful to be able to unravel the many changes that have taken place to the House and its occupants and, what is more, to understand them!
We walked the Estate boundaries and the paths are clearly marked and easy to follow. To add to the experience, the cafe serves lovely food and drinks.