Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Friendly and compitent

Interesting house, moat and rooms. Guides helpful. Gardens and greenhouses were amazing. Would... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
cdmUK
UK
I would love to live here

One of the nicest National Trust houses I have ever seen. Lovely place, wonderfully helpful staff... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2021
1930jr
Guildford, United Kingdom

1,426 results
All reviews moated manor house national trust vegetable garden second hand bookshop nearby packwood house nt properties walled garden room guides fascinating house interesting history interesting property estate walk timed tickets the kitchen gardens are lovely stately home lovely visit
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I love this peaceful place. It has everything. Lovely, interesting house and grounds. Plenty for everyone to enjoy. Children can get back to nature. No need for a playground! Baddesley Clinton is educational and fun. The staff are knowledgeable and polite. Nothing is too much trouble. I shall continue to visit this wonderful National Trust property as it has everything going for it for me and my friends. Thank you.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank babydriver66
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family on Boxing Day. Had a lovely walk around the grounds spotting robins and mistletoe. Timed ticket inside the house. Even though I've been before, it was delightful. Bacon butties in the cafe were good.

1  Thank 640shirleyt
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We had a National Trust membership gifted to us which comes to an end this month so we thought we'd have a look here as it was fairly close to home.

Quite busy but then it was a Bank Holiday, was even more so when we left.

Wasn't sure what to expect as we hadn't been here before, one of the NTs smaller sites, usual stuff - coffee shop / cafe, gift shop and second hand books. Unfortunately no playground for the kids which is a bit of a shame but there's plenty of space to run around. The house itself is worth a look, you need to get a timed ticket when you enter which is included in the admission. Quite interesting to look around and plenty of staff on hand to tell you about stuff. There was a herb trail for the kids to do also inside the house and they got a sticker each at the end.

The grounds are pleasant, there is a small lake, a walled garden and a vegetable garden (closed in Winter) to look at, quite a few benches for picnics too. Think there are some longer walks in the surrounding parkland.

Nice enough but I don't think we'd be rushing back as we've seen it now and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the kids.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

What a fabulous house, with a history that tells of change and intrigue. We just loved this house and setting and will revisit again in the summer when we can explore the grounds and walks. Do take time to visit the church, if nothing else it is another sign of the family bring the lord's of this manor.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

The 16th century manor is the most memorable National Trust properties I have visited. To turn the corner and catch sight of the moated manor house, with hoar frost on the roof and trees, and ducks sliding on the frozen moat, was breathtaking. History comes alive as the enthusiastic guides tell the story of family ambition and intrigue, illustrated by the priests hole used to give shelter at a time of religious persecution. The Christmas decorations were a plus! The shop was well stocked with relevant gifts . Sadly the restaurant let the side down...coping with a large party meant that food for other visitors was not served as hot as might be. We did not try the walks but I am told the grounds are very beautiful.