Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Karen E
London, United Kingdom

Lovely birthday meal

Review of Four Horseshoes
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2024
Went here with my husband for an evening meal. Recommended by a neighbour, we were not disappointed. Lovely old pub, no music, tv's etc.
We were served by Tracey. Well, what a lovely asset she is! Really friendly, and very at tentative, with a great sense of humour!!
My husband had the steak & ale pie and I had one of the specials, which was a lovely, and very large, pork chop. Both meals plentiful and good, followed by a jam sponge with extra custard for hubby, and a creme brulee for myself.
I also indulged in 3 different cocktails, ( it was my birthday celebration after all!). All lovely.
I would highly recommend this establishment to everyone.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Hay-Cart & Pixie Huts all furnished, electricity, double bed, log burner & outside kitchen shelter
    1.2 miles from Four Horseshoes
    6.2 miles from Four Horseshoes
      £91
    7.4 miles from Four Horseshoes
    Free parking
    Contact accommodation for availability.
    8.9 miles from Four Horseshoes
    View more hotels in Thornham Magna
    All reviews the pub large car park lovely meal sticky toffee pudding sunday lunch will visit again generous portions birthday meal low ceilings be visiting again easy access roaring fire steak cheesecake booked a table my mum comfortable bed
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 29 April 2024

My partner & I & our two Jack Russells found this beautiful Inn after walking nearby. We got a very friendly greetng when we arrived & Suzie treated the dogs to a big bowl of water & biscuits. My partner & I enjoyed a super lunch in front of a very welcome fire. We returned 2 days later because we had enjoyed it so much & Tracy welcomed & happily served us although we were just after their lunch finishing tjme. Again the dogs were very spoilt as was my partner with double custard on his pudding!
    We both said we wished this pub was on our doorstep in Kent rather than in Suffolk.
    Thank you Four Horseshoes we loved your hospitality- Tracy, Suzie & Rigs.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 22 April 2024

Wonderful old Coaching Inn.
    Very friendly with a warm atmosphere. Excellent service from Tracey and Leah.
    Food beautifully presented.
    Plenty of choice on the menu and good stock of wine and ales.
    Top notch 'gastro pub'.
    Ideal venue to meet family and friends.
    Very good value.
    We are going back to sample their Sunday lunch.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 14 April 2024

We visited one afternoon in the evening on a little weekend break, it was a lovely walk from our air bnb with the dogs. Really friendly staff as soon as we walked in, Aunty t (tracey) couldnt have made and more of a fuss of the dogs more if she tried bring over treats and spoiling them with sausages! They loved it!
    I couldnt decided what to have so the waitress helped and she said the chicken pie that was on the specials and wow it was unreal! You could see it was home made and it tasted lovely! The best Ive had! My husband had the mixed grill which looked like it could feed 4 people it was huge!
    They even made me venture out and try the pineapple gin which did not disappoint!
    We travelled 2 hours for this location and this pub alone would make us visit the area again! Really welcoming and friendly!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 April 2024

Booked for one night on a whim having searched the internet for somewhere new to stay as a solo woman traveller. Received a warm welcome and was taken up to my room which was lovely, not huge but very cosy and spotlessly clean as was the en-suite. As it was above the pub I anticipated a bit of noise but heard absolutely nothing. It was so peaceful with a wonderful atmosphere. The food was good quality pub grub, full of flavour, big portions and not too pricey. I highly recommend the sirloin steak, it was beautifully cooked and incredibly tender. Breakfast was also really good with huge portions. The staff are lovely, very friendly and can’t do enough for you without being too intrusive or in your face. It’s a family run business and you can immediately tell that the team really enjoy their jobs. Needless to say, I loved it so much that I extended my stay for another night and will certainly be returning in the future. Thank you so much to Karen, Tracey, Kiera and the rest of the team for making my stay so enjoyable. You are all amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 11 April 2024 via mobile

We visited this lovely traditional pub as part of our car club drive. We had preordered and were seated in a private room. Staff were very welcoming to our party which was about 25 plus 3 children. Food was traditional pub food, home cooked and delicious. The pub was very busy with other diners but staff coped well. Large car park too for our classic cars. Hope to return soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends