Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kevin Gunn

The Four Horseshoes

Review of Four Horseshoes
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
The pub/restaurant was the friendliest we had been in this week. The staff were very accommodating, the place was very clean and the food was very good with lots of choices. We will definitely be coming back to this establishment. A++++++++++!!!!
It was highly recommended by other local people.
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: Just go fir it
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £90
    £104
6.2 miles from Four Horseshoes
View more hotels in Thornham Magna
All reviews the pub large car park lovely meal sticky toffee pudding sunday lunch will visit again generous portions birthday meal low ceilings be visiting again easy access roaring fire steak cheesecake booked a table my mum comfortable bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2024 via mobile

Pretty obvious from the pictures and age that this is a typical old English pub/hotel with beams everywhere and wobbly floors etc. it is completely dog friendly, rooms, bar and eating area. We had a really ancient room with sloping floors etc. felt a bit like Henry VIII stayed there at some time. It had modern amenities though ! A bit noisy on the morning we stayed as they had a barrel delivery quite early but not a problem. All staff were cery friendly and cheerful especially the lady who persuaded us to finish dinner with a very light lemon something which was massive but lovely. The menu had plenty on it and I would put under the heading of good old pub grub. Wine list was rather limited which surprised us and one suggestion would be to replace the French Sauvignon Blanc with a better New Zealand Marlborough one. Full English was massive so we opted for the smaller version which was still the size of what you get most places. Lady that served us breakfast filled us in on that and was another really nice person. We would definitely stay again

Reviewed 30 May 2024

We stay in the area every year and I am sure there are many other places to eat, but perhaps we are a little boring. But for the last 5 years we have never been let down by the four horseshoes.

We have eaten here 5 times in the last seven days. The specials menu actually changing each day giving a wide choice every day.

Us and our 2 dogs made to feel very welcome every time.

A big thanks to Tom and the team, see you all again soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2024

My partner and I visited The Four Horsehoes for breakfast as we celebrated his 26th Birthday. I could not have imagined a better experience!
On hearing it was his birthday, they wrote out a card for him and made him feel special.
The food, the service, the atmosphere, the views were all immaculate.
It simply is the only place in the area we would visit now - & we're bringing both of our families up with us next time too!

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Went here with my husband for an evening meal. Recommended by a neighbour, we were not disappointed. Lovely old pub, no music, tv's etc.
We were served by Tracey. Well, what a lovely asset she is! Really friendly, and very at tentative, with a great sense of humour!!
My husband had the steak & ale pie and I had one of the specials, which was a lovely, and very large, pork chop. Both meals plentiful and good, followed by a jam sponge with extra custard for hubby, and a creme brulee for myself.
I also indulged in 3 different cocktails, ( it was my birthday celebration after all!). All lovely.
I would highly recommend this establishment to everyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2024

My partner & I & our two Jack Russells found this beautiful Inn after walking nearby. We got a very friendly greetng when we arrived & Suzie treated the dogs to a big bowl of water & biscuits. My partner & I enjoyed a super lunch in front of a very welcome fire. We returned 2 days later because we had enjoyed it so much & Tracy welcomed & happily served us although we were just after their lunch finishing tjme. Again the dogs were very spoilt as was my partner with double custard on his pudding!
We both said we wished this pub was on our doorstep in Kent rather than in Suffolk.
Thank you Four Horseshoes we loved your hospitality- Tracy, Suzie & Rigs.

Date of stay: April 2024