Patshull Park Hotel Golf & Country Club sits in rather large grounds that incompass a large lake and a golf course. The drive up to the hotel is lovely and the entrance is beautiful too.
I was made aware on arrival that there was a wedding on so the hotel was busy.
Through from the reception you past through the main bar to the rooms. The impression I got straight away was that it was dark. The corridors were dark and the wallpaper tried and dated.
The rooms themselves were large and clean, but again the furniture was dark wood and rather than an the antique feel they were suppose to give, again it felt tired and dated. Which is a shame because the room decor had been recently done.
The Leisure facilities were excellent, a 15 metre pool, a very hot jacuzzi and both a stream room and sauna in each of the changing rooms. Plus a gym and workout facilities if you wanted.
As mentioned the hotel was busy due to a wedding, plus added to this large groups of men away on golfing breaks. So the bar area at night was very busy and the only thing on the TV was (you guessed it Golf!)
We ate dinner in the main dining room, which I must say was a little expensive given the bar prices. A main meal around £17 where as a pint of larger was only around £3.60?
The food was good, but I would expect that given the price.
Again the Breakfast the following morning was very good and I think fairly priced for what you got. I can't fault the staff at the hotel as all were kind and courtious. The AA has given the hotel 3 stars. I think if they worked on the internal appearance it could be 4?
So overall a good hotel but for how much I paid, a little pricey. Oh and you must really like golf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within easy access of Wolverhampton and Telford, Patshull Park Hotel offers a relaxing retreat with beautiful surroundings and great leisure facilities. The 49 bedrooms are well equipped and have really comfortable beds. The hotel is situated within 250 acres of spectacular Capability Brown parkland which includes an 18 hole 6400yd Par 72 golf course and overlooks the Great Lake. The Health and Fitness Club has an indoor pool, solarium, gymnasium, cardio suite, saunas, steam room, and beauty therapist . Friendly, helpful staff provide a warm welcome and excellent assistance during any stay. The 49 well appointed bedrooms are all tastefully furnished, with many overlooking the golf course and those with a lake view are complete with a balcony or patio. All rooms are equipped with modern facilities i.E. Tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and TV with Sky channels inc. Sky Sports. The family rooms comprise a double bed and a single bed, whilst the superior rooms are guaranteed to have wonderful views. The Lakeside Restaurant serves imaginatively created dishes made from local produce, and for less formal meals there is Earl's Brasserie that offers a range of tasty snacks and bar meals throughout the day. The Kingfisher Bar in the hotel lounge is perfect when you just want to sit, relax and perhaps enjoy a bar meal with a drink or two. There are two main banqueting / meeting rooms that are very popular for Weddings , Conferences , Corporate Golf Days , and Dinner Dances. Patshull Park Hotel has a lot to offer ; great golf, extensive health and fitness facilities, walks and relaxation , all in addition to superb trout, pike and course fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Patshull Park Hotel Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patshull Park Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Patshull Park Hotel Country