We visited Patshull Park for a three day golf tour. Beautiful location with great wildlife. The golf course was okay; fairways adjacent to the lake were boggy and difficult to play off, they were also close to each other so look out for balls coming from other players. The biggest disappointment was the hotel. Decor was tired, and in places, shabby. The food in the dining restaurant was mediocre with only three fillet steaks for our party of nine. (Which were not cooked as requested). One member of staff was bubbly and helpful, the rest however were either officious or disinterested. The saddest point however was the unhelpful staff in the pro shop. When asked if there was a spare buggy, as one of party had hurt his leg and was limping badly after the first day, the response was flat 'no'; another member of the party asked if they sold sun-screen, to which the response was 'we are not a chemist', but the indifference was not just limited to us. Whilst waiting to pay for trolleys we witnessed a phone conversation of a potential customer asking to book a tee-off time two weeks from now, their response with the booking register in front of them was 'no can't do that, you have to ring back a week before.' The page was blank for that day!.... Overall there are much better golf courses and spas ... this was the first time we have toured here and we won't be revisiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within easy access of Wolverhampton and Telford, Patshull Park Hotel offers a relaxing retreat with beautiful surroundings and great leisure facilities. The 49 bedrooms are well equipped and have really comfortable beds. The hotel is situated within 250 acres of spectacular Capability Brown parkland which includes an 18 hole 6400yd Par 72 golf course and overlooks the Great Lake. The Health and Fitness Club has an indoor pool, solarium, gymnasium, cardio suite, saunas, steam room, and beauty therapist . Friendly, helpful staff provide a warm welcome and excellent assistance during any stay. The 49 well appointed bedrooms are all tastefully furnished, with many overlooking the golf course and those with a lake view are complete with a balcony or patio. All rooms are equipped with modern facilities i.E. Tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and TV with Sky channels inc. Sky Sports. The family rooms comprise a double bed and a single bed, whilst the superior rooms are guaranteed to have wonderful views. The Lakeside Restaurant serves imaginatively created dishes made from local produce, and for less formal meals there is Earl's Brasserie that offers a range of tasty snacks and bar meals throughout the day. The Kingfisher Bar in the hotel lounge is perfect when you just want to sit, relax and perhaps enjoy a bar meal with a drink or two. There are two main banqueting / meeting rooms that are very popular for Weddings , Conferences , Corporate Golf Days , and Dinner Dances. Patshull Park Hotel has a lot to offer ; great golf, extensive health and fitness facilities, walks and relaxation , all in addition to superb trout, pike and course fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Patshull Park Hotel Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patshull Park Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Patshull Park Hotel Country