“Its a "Go To Hotel"”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Himley
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Its a "Go To Hotel"”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have stopped here many times so its like our "go to" If we need a room at short notice or events which we have planned in advance. its a good location where you are in the middle of everything but your out the way of everything too. This time we stayed we had an updated room which we haven't had before and it was really nice and modern looking, just a pity they didn't do it for the bathroom as well!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
himley, General Manager at Himley Country Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Sunseasand331

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you keep returning to the hotel and hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Matt Pullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
London, Uk
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I booked at very short notice and got a reasonable price, although www.easytobook.com added a 'fee' which I had not expected. I have definitely paid more and stayed in worse hotels. Would stay again even though they didn't serve any croissants at breakfast - not even frozen!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

himley, General Manager at Himley Country Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, we take them on board. If you contact the hotel directly next time you want to book, we would be more than happy to match any current internet rates without the additonal booking fee!

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have been for afternoon tea, on which I comment was very poor. We had 4 triangle sandwiches each which 2 were stale. Cake was under cooked. Scone and cream was ok. Best part was the pot of tea. We did advise a very pleasant girl who was our waitress,but reply was I'll let the chef know. We purchased voucher of Amazon at cost of £19 with a glass of wine each which was never offered to us and we were so disappointed did'nt bother to ask for. would not bother going again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane W
himley, General Manager at Himley Country Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Jane W

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly reviewing our standards and improving what we offer and can only apologise for the service and products you received on Saturday. As a gesture of goodwill we would like to invite you back for afternoon tea for 2 with prosecco (subject to availability). Please contact me to make your booking.

Kind Regars

Matt Pullen

Travellers are raving about these Himley hotels

Chard, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Price is good staff are friendly, bit dated wi-fi not very good. The beds were good and clean. Bathrooms were a bit noisy and you could hear the shower fan from next door. But as stated its cheap and clean and good breakfast .
Breakfast was good and plenty of and good choice, will return as this was a business trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Del W

Thank you for your comments, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon

Cheshire
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here in November on business as we have in previous years.
The staff welcomed us warmly and when our room did not have a bath they promptly changed it for one that did.
The hotel is clean and tidy but its 80's decor is admittedly looking a little tired, this is however reflected in the price.
Breakfast here is pretty good and only cost us a fiver each, its a self service buffet arrangement but be warned, if the place is busy, as can happen when coach parties are staying, the staff find it difficult to keep up with demand but they do their best and you will get fed eventually.
If you want superior decor, a better staff to customer ratio or silver service at breakfast go elsewhere but be prepared to pay for it.
All in all better, more human, than other budget accommodation.
Book directly to get the best deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not over a function room if they are in use.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
himley, General Manager at Himley Country Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear MrandMrsSid

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate your candor. It is important to me that guests get the best service and standard that we can deliver albeit with the resources at our disposal. The staff work extremely hard and they are a pleasure to manage. I look forward to you revisiting us.

Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here a week just before Xmas and will definatiley be happy to stay here again.

Starting off Negative

The hotel does seem a little run down and dated, but everything is in working order
I booked a double room but due to availability I was issued with a twin (a very minor inconvienience)

The Positive,
The staff are fanatastic, always on hand and happy to help,
The hotel, although only meters from the main road is quite.
The rooms although dated are clean and comfortable and the bathroom is spotless every day.

I would certainly be staying here again at the price I paid.

I have a habit of staying in budget hotels and generally I am happy with what I get , I don't like paying exorbitant prices for hotel rooms when I stay in hotels for business, I do expect rooms to be functional, clean and comfortable, this was definitely was, and the staff are second to none.

Well Done Himley County Hotel and Thank You for a pleasant stay I'm sure will be back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew A
Dear Andrew

I was very pleased to read your comments, I take on board the hotel is dated and we do what we can in house to brighten and freshen up where possible. I take particular satisfaction in your comments regarding the staff as this has been a focal point of mine. I will pas on your comments regarding the rooms to housekeeping and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Thank you for a very good new year break,I was part of a coach party& had a very good time. The rooms may need a bit of updating,but the beds were clean & comfy, the staff were very friendly & polite.Cat the manageress was outstanding she could not have done more for us.The food was very good, 3 very happy folk. Thank you Cat & all the staff for helping us enjoy our New Years eve celebrations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Stella

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this on to Cat and her team. We look forward to welcoming you back next new year

Matt Pullen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himley
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Dudley
Travelodge Birmingham Dudley
#2 of 2 in Breierley Hill

Been to Himley Country Hotel? Share your experiences!