“Terrible...”

Himley Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Himley
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights here. On arrival, staff were very cold, bored, unfriendly, and shocking in how they responded to us when asking for help/assistance etc... Customer service was probably one of the worst I've ever experienced at an hotel. This was mostly with the male staff. The room smelt of vinegar and the shower was bad the bathroom easily flooded.

When we were checking out, the staff (female at this point) were nicer.

Don't normally post negative reviews but I was disappointed with things here. Never going back, and won't recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank James A

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say apart from excellent. We got married at this hotel on 28th June and from start to finish the day was everything we had hoped for. The wedding breakfast was tasty and plentiful. Big thanks to Louise the wedding co-ordinator you did us proud and also to Gary the master of ceremonies. ...the intro's were great. ...you even managed to pronounce our surname. would recommend anyone to get married there

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked on line, £31.50 for double room, no breakfast. The cost of English breakfast was £9.95 each, not at all interested in paying that! The room was adequet, not plush but clean and quite spacious.
We went out for the evening and returned late to discover that there was a wedding reception taking place. There was no loud music or drunken behaviour so we managed to get to sleep no problem.
Howevcer staying asleep was another thing, as wedding guest insisted on shouting to each other in the corridor at 1.30am for approximately 30-40 mins. Then low and behold, at 6.15 am they decided to wake each other by banging on doors and shouting out each others names, so that they didn't miss the travel time deadline.
Would not stay here again despite the good price, I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here and although the room was simple was clean and very adequate. The very cheap price also included breakfast which was very generous. Situated near Birmingham Dudley and Wolverhampton so good for business stays.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caljassar
Reviewed 7 July 2014

our room was clean tidy and spacious.adequate for our requirements,the staff are wonderful.we wer4e on a coach trip,and did not hear a bad word about any of the rooms,there was a bit of a glitch however with one mornings breakfast,ran out of eggs and bacon.the breakfasts on the other mornings was lovely,especially the bacon.with our package we also had evening meals,each one was lovely,especially the roasts..the overall experience was really good

Room Tip: ask for room with shower and bath,after walking many miles,a lovely restful soak is a must
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Dead daddylong legs on the curtain. A big spider by the tissues.could hear everything people walking around and shutting there doors.very outdated rooms needs a refurb ASAP.The bed gave me backache and didnt have a bath to soak in to help my back.TRAVELODGE is 5 pound more a night and is way worth the extra fiver.if you want a nice location then go here but thats about it.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Worst customer service ever!!! I booked well in advance and when I called to check my reservation they said that my name was not on the system. Very unprofessional service unhelpful person who answered the phone. I asked numerous times for a booking confirmation to be sent I never received it and when I called I was lied to about them sending the confirmation. In a way im glad that I am not staying there because it doesnt sound like it would be a nice experience. If I could rate my experience as a minus number I would do it! Dont waste your time if you want peace of mind go else where. A Total disaster!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himley
Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
The Quality Hotel Dudley
Barons Court Hotel
Barons Court Hotel
#1 of 21 in Wolverhampton

Been to Himley Country Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Himley Country Hotel

Address: School Road, Himley DY3 4LG, England (Formerly Best Western)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Staffordshire > Himley
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Himley
Price Range: £26 - £31 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Himley Country Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Himley Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Himley Country Dudley