“Cosy Room, Country feel!”

Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Himley
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for one night with my boyfriend just for a 'get away' we know the area and Himley park is always lovely. We didn't eat here as we went further up the road to the Miller and Carter Steak House. Although it was busy the food was amazing and atmosphere was nice as well( so if you are in the area highly recommend that!!) Room number 7 was inviting and cosy, exactly what we wanted for one nights stay, the hotel has a very country feel to it. Although I did wake up in the night freezing and had to use the bath towels to put over me! Despite that though We enjoyed our short time with you and A nice little place for a country retreat.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Nice location on the fringes of good countryside. Great flat grassy garden for outside drinks and children play but no play equipment. Fenced but beware car park and road. Caters well for larger groups. Ours 15 people ate at a reserved table 3 courses drinks etc approx £20 each. Nice menu but not outstanding. Very much a chain experience. Good friendly staff working a large area well. Booking recommended if in groups

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst on a work course. The room was a good size and comfortable. But as mentioned in another review the mattress was not so great.
I ate in the restaurant on the 2nd night and took the 3 course deal which was amazing value. The fish and chips was just a huge portion and great value for money. Quirky done Creme Bruise served in a cup and saucer..
Staff were friendly and attentive.

Breakfast however disappointed me. There was no love on that plate.. Deep fried mushrooms.. Not good and use smaller plates that way you don't have to fill it with beans..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bullchef
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed for just one night whilst on business in the area. Check in was very easy and the lady who did this made me feel very welcome and she was friendly. I tend to avoid the major chain hotels as they lack personality so I thought this hotel would be just what I needed.

I upgraded to an executive room ( 23 ) which was not too bad at all. It was in an annex just away from the main building. I did not mind the dated bathroom as the room was warm and spacious...it had personality which is what I like about places like this.

I ate in the hotel and the food was not too bad at all. Again the staff were really pleasant and helpful. I had whitebait to start which was excellent. I then went for the mixed grill which was not so good. The black pudding was rock hard and the triple cooked chips that were advertised looked very dubious and I would have betted next months salary that they were frozen! I did not think the mixed grill was particularly good value for money at £14.99 and I have had much nicer for cheaper elsewhere on my travels. It was not really bad or anything but it could have been so much nicer with just a little more care.

So far I was satisfied with my stay and would have certainly come back if I was ever in the area but then came the biggest bug bear of any stay in a hotel. The matress in the "executive" room was so poor. I could feel every spring and it was just a cheap and nasty domestic type. The most important aspect of any stay in a hotel is a good nights sleep for a business guest so why disappoint in this critical area? I just dont get it as I would never return here as a result. I would never return anywhere that had uncomfortable beds! ( no matter how good everything else was ).

As I drove away from here I was quite sad that it had let itself down with such an elementary and important part of the stay...a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cags1970
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went for late lunch yesterday with 2 friends. Probably the best fish and chips, I've ever had! Absolutely delicious. My friends both had reasonable meals, good but not amazing. Service was attentive but not overbareing. We sat there for about 2-3 hours with no pressure to leave. A very pleasant afternoon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Don't let the title or review put you off. This is a perfectly fine independent hotel. It is too big to be niche or boutique but not perhaps big enough to interest a major chain of hotels. Hotel was spotless if a little 'lived in'. Some refurb work wouldn't go amiss, but staff were all good. Breakfast was pretty good, not the best but by no means the worst (that would be the Ibis in Carlisle). But best of all was the value - family of four, one night in a family room including breakfast - £65.00 very good value value indeed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eebeegeebees
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It was my second new year at the Himley,shocked anyone could give a bad review,what on earth do people expect for £10 which includes a buffet and entertainment!! The Staff,dressed up for the 80's theme and I certainly didnt begrudge them joining in to welcome the new year.Claire, the Manager goes above and beyond her duties to make sure everyone has a good time,if anyone has cause to complain she does everything in her power to resolve any issues.My partner and myself had booked a room for the night which was warm,comfortable and clean.WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Room 8,very comfortable.