I stayed at the Ramada Encore on 18/10/13 after watching my football team Middlesbrough lose at Barnsley.
The hotel is easy to find, straight off the M1 and is a very short drive from Oakwell Stadium and the town.
We got a good deal for this £29 for the night. The room was clean, spacious, had a settee, walk in shower, flat screen tv and an internet cable to plug into a laptop which was free to use and much more useful than having to pay for a password at reception. It was a comfortable, quiet nights sleep.
I never had breakfast here but there is a toby carvery next to the hotel which seemed to be better value, thought I didn't try this either. There is plenty of parking space and the hotel staff were friendly/helpful.
An ideal place to stay if visiting Barnsley, Meadowhall is also a short drive away too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Styles Barnsley is a newly refurbished hotel with an individual design. Modern and contemporary designs to relax and enjoy. Open plan restaurant and bar area. Rooms include Sweet bed by Ibis styles, together with 32" TV, Tea and coffee making facilities also a wet room shower ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Barnsley Hotel Dodworth
- Ibis Styles Barnsley Hotel Dodworth