“Football overnighter”

Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dodworth
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

New budget hotel in a great location off the motorway.
Normal standard room, basic and efficient with the bare minimum of stuff in the room
Bath room clean and efficient
Excellent value for money with no complaints.
Breakfast was surprisingly good

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Ramada Encore on 18/10/13 after watching my football team Middlesbrough lose at Barnsley.

The hotel is easy to find, straight off the M1 and is a very short drive from Oakwell Stadium and the town.

We got a good deal for this £29 for the night. The room was clean, spacious, had a settee, walk in shower, flat screen tv and an internet cable to plug into a laptop which was free to use and much more useful than having to pay for a password at reception. It was a comfortable, quiet nights sleep.

I never had breakfast here but there is a toby carvery next to the hotel which seemed to be better value, thought I didn't try this either. There is plenty of parking space and the hotel staff were friendly/helpful.

An ideal place to stay if visiting Barnsley, Meadowhall is also a short drive away too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcoJonno
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your great review and look forward to seeing you again.

I would like to say our breakfast works out better value as ours is all inclusive at the Toby, orange juice, tea, coffee all charged for as taken so this gives an impression of better value.

See you soon

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel gets five stars because it was beautifully clean, the internet cable in the room mean no passwords or internet problems, the staff were helpful and friendly, the walk-in shower room-toilet-washbasin was beautifully furbished and the floors were wooden, so no hidden dirt. The breakfast was adequate and the eggs were prepared to order. I have paid more for a much less pleasant room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear we do look after our guests as this is our aim

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed for the mystery weekend and had a brill night apart from the kitchen running out of soup for three of our table including one of the actressess for our starter. My sister had starved herself all day for it to be told there was none left only pate which the three declined . We also didnt recieve our complimentary glass of wine which never mind. The room was lovely and clean and felt a bit guilty that I asked for a twin room for myself and daughter.didnt realise they would have to put the bed settee up and I ended up sleeping with her because it was unconfortable so sorry for the messing .good hotel friendly staff .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I am sorry we ran out of the soup your dinner however it was the vegetarian option as pate was the actual starter for the guests.

Due to your feedback we have changed the starter to soup for the dinner this weekend

I have checked with the event supplier who you purchased the dinner from and they assure me wine was not included in your package

Thank you again and hope to see you again

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago. Firstly staff very nice, rooms good, location excellent, buffet breakfast good value and a Vegetable Curry that would bring one back. BUT there is one drawback the buffet breakfast is not always available and its unavailability is nothing to do with unforeseen problems but a management decision to save money. The hotel makes a selling point of its buffet breakfast of hot and cold food.It is a product that it offers and takes payment for and in my book that is a sort of contract. I pay the money - the service offered is provided.
Well with the buffet breakfast that is not always the case. We were booked in Friday and Saturday night and I had to be somewhere before 8 am on Saturday and stay there for 6-8 hours and where no food or drink was available. I hoped to fill up on the breakfast to see me through. I went to the buffet at 7.15 am- (Buffet starts at 7.00 am) to find no hot food and hot food only served to order. I remonstrated with some junior manager who blithely told me that since they don't get many people that early they don't provide the hot buffet but only food to order. I wonder if the owners of the hotel chain are happy with a manager changing the product to suit the manager's ideas of economy. I demanded a refund- got it and made sure that we spent no more money in the hotel even depriving myself of a nice curry. I always believe in making hotels lose money if they do not provide a service offered. Sunday morning saw us on our way to Tesco's for a breakfast or we could have gone to Wetherspoons or Morrisons. By not spending money on an evening meal or breakfast or drinks I reckon I cost the hotel more than it saved in not producing its buffet like it promised.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank davidsi

I am sorry you did not get your breakfast and you felt we had let you down, I can assure you it is nothing to do with saving money it is all about the hot items sitting for hours not being used, so to ensure all guests get a fresh breakfast on weekends we offer table service at 7a.m. and you would have been welcom to as much as you wanted, It would have taken very little time to prepare as we are all ready in the kitchen for this service.

Once again I am sorry you felt we let you down

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

First the good news, hotel has great location just off M1 and plenty of parking. It is modern, clean and has free cable internet access in the room. The restaurant has a half decent menu and the breakfast was better than normal buffet from the likes of Holiday Inn Express or PTIs. Next door is a Toby Carvery if you don't fancy hotel grub.

On the negative side there appeared to be a distinct lack of staff on duty during my stay. Took over 20 minutes to check in whilst the only receptionist on duty dealt with a woman organising a Christmas party booking, then at dinner another 20 minutes to have my order taken, even had a wait to settle my bill.

I have been to many hotels throughout the UK over the last few years and measure their offering and performance in one simple question "would I go back?" On this occasion I would say yes if in Burnley

• Stayed: October 2013
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review and glad to see you will return to us

Will look into the staffing levels

Reviewed 7 October 2013

yep, at £35 per room per night via laterooms, a good value, one night stopover, late check in was no problem, rooms clean, fresh and tidy, comes recommended, good and safe parking and east access from the M1

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for your comments we look forward to seeing you soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodworth
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Bagden Hall Hotel
Bagden Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Scissett

Been to Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel? Share your experiences!