We stayed overnight here as part of a coach trip. Room was clean & modern, but a bit too hot. Having the radiator right next to the bed didn't help. However, we were able to turn it off, and by the time we came back after our meal it was much more bearable. Another (minor) annoyance - the in-room TV only had a limited number of freeview channels and the hotel guide didn't list them correctly either. There was only a limited amount of storage and hanging space for clothes; however for a one night stay this wasn't much of a problem. Apart from the Toby carvery next door, there's a few local shops down a small road across the way (including a CostCutter & a takeaway).
We had a rather restrictive set dinner menu, which left me with nothing to eat. However, I was able to persuade the staff to serve me up ham and chips, which was much appreciated (just don't expect them to do this every time!). Breakfast was far better, with plenty of hot & cold choices - self service, so no restrictions here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Styles Barnsley is a newly refurbished hotel with an individual design. Modern and contemporary designs to relax and enjoy. Open plan restaurant and bar area. Rooms include Sweet bed by Ibis styles, together with 32" TV, Tea and coffee making facilities also a wet room shower ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Barnsley Hotel Dodworth
- Ibis Styles Barnsley Hotel Dodworth