“A warm Yorkshire welcome”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Dodworth
“A warm Yorkshire welcome”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Coming home to the town of my birth is something I always look forward to. This is my first visit to Holiday Inn, Dodworth but it certainly won't be my last. Ideally located just off the Barnsley central turn off of the M1 the hotel is a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre of town. Within a few minutes you can either be shopping in Barnsley itself or travel a little further afield to Meadowhall (Sheffield), The Village retail outlet (Pontefract) or the big city Leeds. You are ideally located to visit Wakefield, Bradford or any of the major Yorkshire towns. It has an ideal central location to explore.
The hotel itself is large, the welcome larger still. Reception staff were warm and friendly and made us feel at home instantly. Even maintenance staff and the gentleman painting the hallways were cheery, upbeat and smiling. You are certainly treated as special by all staff. The rooms are large, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We had a wet room which was excellent as I have walking difficulties. The breakfast was worth coming home for on its own. Lots of it and excellent value for money. Complimentary wi-Fi which was very much appreciated.
We will certainly be coming back here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Wet rooms are large and good if you have any walking problems. Our room had no air conditioning whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
GRHIBarnsley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Myself and my team took great pleasure from reading your comments, and we pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

I very much hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Barnsley in the near future.

If there is anything that we can do to be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Holiday Inn Barnsley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Herts
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The skies were grey, the location was not overly glamorous, but once we walked through the doors of The Holiday Inn hotel we were greeted with warm, sunny smiles and fabulous hospitality. We had a lovely spacious family room which was spotlessly clean and well stocked. Our deal included dinner in the restaurant on the first night. The service was good and the food was tasty. They brought an extra helping of the main course for our eldest who has a healthy appetite. It was good to see that salad accompanied the children's menu (though why we need a separate children's menu remains a mystery.) Breakfast was a good feed, and the choices were second to none.
The location was perfect for visiting the sculpture park and cannon hill farm - a combination of farm, playground and animal races for all the family to enjoy. The hotel also had excellent leisure facilities.
Lastly, a big thank you for letting us check out. 2 hours late at no extra charge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GRHIBarnsley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Barnsley.

I was delighted to read that we had exceed your expectations during your stay. I hope that myself and my team may have the pleasure of inviting you back to the Holiday Inn Barnsley in the near future.

If there is anything that we can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Went as part of the Groupon offer. Enjoyable stay. Staff are well trained in customer care. Restaurant Food was freshly cooked, and of a high standard , the bread and butter pudding was excellent! Breakfast next morning was also very good. Well recommended

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank DLmaxfield
Dear Valued Guest,

Myself and my team were extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Barnsley, and we hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Barnsley in the near future.

If there is anything that we can do to be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

The lounge area is spacious,smart,clean and modern.There is a separate bar area next to the restaurant which was ideal for keeping us separate from the weddings that were on.We had dinner in the restaurant The food was good and varied and the staff attentive.
Our room was fine maybe a little dated.A good roomy bathroom,though would be good to have somewhere to hang swimsuits etc.
The main attraction for us was the fantastic gym and swimming pool areas.Hotel users get use of the Banantyne leisure center next to the hotel.This was amazing and far exceeded most holiday inn's facilities.
A great stay and we would love to return.

• Stayed August 2013
GRHIBarnsley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Barnsley.

I took great pleasure in reading about how much you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that we may have the priviledge of seeing you again in the future.

If there is anything at all we can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

A most enjoyable overnight stay at this hotel. The efficiency and friendliness of the reception staff could not be faulted. The room was clean and adequate ( only suggestion - the mattress was a bit uncomfortable and needs renewing) . A relaxing time spent in the adjacent spa which is an excellent additional complimentary addition. Evening meal was served by enthusiastic and well trained staff. A venue that once more offered exemplar service. Will return.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhona C
GRHIBarnsley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Barnsley.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have eagerly passed on your comments to our restaurant and reception teams, who were pleased to hear that they had met your needs and exceeded your expectations during your trip.

We have taken on board your comments regarding our mattress, and we are now in the process of procuring some brand new ones for our bedrooms.

I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Barnsley in the near future.

If there is anything at all that we can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bucks
Reviewed 19 August 2013

All the staff were excellent, very attentive and helpful. Food was really tasty. I had the Pate which was recommended and it was great, followed by a Beef dish. Both really good .
The adjacent Gym was was busy at 5.30pm but it was peak time. However there were plenty of running machines. I will be going back and recommend this hotel to all. Just off the motorway so easy to find as well. .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GRHIBarnsley, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Barnsley, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Barnsley.

I was extremely pleased to hear you had enjoyed your visit, particulary your meal with us at the Brooklands Restaurant.

I sincerely hope that we welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Barnsley in the near future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

re-visited this restaurant the first time after a few years and was so disappointed with how the restaurant was presented and the quality of food that we received. I cant remember the last time I have eaten food as bad in a restaurant. The food did not have any taste and we were shoved in a back room with no windows or atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback from your visit in March 2013.

I was very disappointed to read that we had failed to meet your expectations during this visit.

Since you visited us we have had a number of positive changes within the Restaurant, the most striking of which is the appointment of a new Head Chef and the appointment of a new Food & Beverage Manager, both of which have seen great improvements in our Restaurant service and offering.

I would like to invite you back to the Brooklands Restaurant at the Holiday Inn Barnsley so you can see first hand the improvements that have taken place.

I very much hope that you will contact me, so that I can make the appropriate arrangements.

Yours SIncerely,

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodworth
Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Premier Inn Barnsley (Dearne Valley) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Barnsley? Share your experiences!