The Fairway, Barnsley
Rockingham Arms(Rotherham)
US$70
US$75
PremierInn.com
All reviewsthe pubcheck in was easyhomemade chipslovely foodvisiting familyfull english breakfastdouble roomgreat value for moneyplenty of parkingbluebellweddingdjfunction
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Value for money, budget hotel but clean and had all the facilities you needed.
the biggest improvement they could make would be breakfast which was very mediocre with crispy Danish and tinned tomatoes plus a very greasy hash brown shame as the rest was cooked well.
Would stay again for business but probably not for pleasure and would have been nice if the receptionist had offered to run us off a route to our next destination as our sat nav wasn't working.
M1 motorway only minutes away

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Booked a room for one night through Late Rooms, and paid only £35.00 for a double room mid -week.
Good spacious room, very clean, tea coffee and biscuits in the room, and a flat screen TV with Freeveiw.
I did not eat in the restaurant, but all looked clean and new like the rest of the hotel.
Good easy links to the M1
All in all very good, a bit cheaper than the usual chains

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed in the Fairway as it seems to be called now mid July for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The rooms were comfortable and welcoming and the restaurant pricey but good value.

I must say that the welcome you receive at the hotel is by far the best part of the stay. Anouk and particularly Tina made me feel very welcome the second I walked through the door. On one occasion I needed directions to a business venue and Tina went out of her way and without being asked, took the time to google it and print out directions for me. First class service I thought.

I did find the hotel bar manager Tom a little rude and noticed that he spoke very sharply to some of the staff in front of customers too. However, if you kept away from him the stay was very pleasant.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Being based near the M1 we thought this hotel was ideally placed for us to get to and base ourselves while we visited family and friends. Unfortunatly thats the only part of this hotel that is ideal. The Manager was rude to the staff, the staff were clearly unhappy and over worked, although the place was not busy. I asked the Manager if he could tell me if any of the food on the menu would affect my allergy and was told I '...shouldn't be so bl**** awkward'. my husband enjoys a drink when he doesn't have to drive but found the beer to be warm, and I found a poor selection of wines which were over priced for what they are. To add insult to injury my wine glass was stained, and when I asked if I could have another glass the Manager over heard me and rolled his eyes! The rooms are basic, and don't exactly call you back being that they are very wipe down plastic. We noticed an ongoing 'smell' coming from the toilet after we had flushed to which I reported but nothing was done about it. Despite our long journey an early night was not possible due to noise not coming from the unwelcoming bar (I dare say because of the bar managers attitude), but from a party going off in one of the rooms (where I expect their bought in beer was chilled. Needless to say we will NOT be returning or frequenting New Country Inns! Don't stay here! There are plenty of other hotels in the very near area which will provide you with a happier, more comfortbale and valued stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wkendbreaks
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel! We stayed here because we had a friends party to go to up the road. The rooms are lovely, really modern, flat screen TV with freeview, really comfy bed (with a quilt which i consider a luxury seen as u usually get a sheet!). The bathroom was modern and the room itself was huge! Our friends (another couple) stayed in the room next door and theres was exactly the same fantastic size and mirror image of our room! The hotel has a pub/restaurant underneath it, which is priced really reasonably and there is a menu in your room.
Slept amazingly well in this hotel no noises or banging doors which you usually expect when in hotels!
Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends