“Birthday”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Birthday”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went with some freinds for her birthday and had a main and some drinks with a few side orders and the price was good and staff was freindly would recomend

1 Thank Deanthemachine

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Local Indian”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Dil Raj located in my local area, so I have visited many times over the years, and recently as 3 days ago
I have always found the staff to very attentive and at pains to make your visit as good an experience as possible.
The food is to an excellent standard, and good value for money, both eating in and take away service is very good.
The menu is varied and the selection of dishes is very extensive.
The decor and surroundings are authentic Indian, in my mind the Dil Raj is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an excellent Indian meal and experience.

• Visited August 2014
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been to this restaurant a number of times over the years and enjoyed the food, but have not been for approx. 5 years, until last week.

We were very disappointed with the food, service and price.

First of all they took us through from the bar area to a table that had not been cleaned, normally this would not bother me but it was one of many things that was not great. Then when taking our order the waiter broke off to have a conversation with another waiter, three of the main meals and side orders came out together, the other was another 5 minutes before that came out. The curry was very bland and not what I had ordered. We asked for another drink which did not arrive, I enquired where this was and was told we could have the drinks as long as we vacated the table back to the bar area, this was not an issue other than the bar area was full of dirty glasses.

There were four of us, we had a starter each, curry and side dish and drinks, most were non alcoholic, I could not believe it when the bill came and it was approx. £115. I would have thought this expensive even it the food and the service was fantastic.

The only good comment was the starters were nice.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MMBBBradford
“Lovely takeaway ”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We've just had a takeaway from here and it was delicious. We will definitely be going back and hopefully eat in the restaurant. They have a restaurant menu and takeaway menu. Our order took 20 mins and was still hot when we got it home. Would definately recommend.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I think I've reviewed this before but felt the need to let everyone know what a gem this is. Whenever I'm in the area I pop in. Extensive menu but have never had a bad meal yet. Very friendly staff. Looking forward to going again next week! You need to book at a weekend.