“Playground and animals for the kids”
Review of Torre Cider Farm

Torre Cider Farm
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Washford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Cider Farm was a little disappointing, would like to have seen more of the Cider making process. 3 ciders to choose from. The shop had a good variety of gifts and staff were friendly and helpful.
Lovely tearoom with outside seating as well. Jacket potato was a good size and lots of tuna filling.
Not many animals to see as it was a hot day and the pigs and sheep were hiding in the shade. There are also ducks and chickens. There is also a kids' playground to entertain the littlies.

torreciderfarm, Owner at Torre Cider Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately not much happens this time of year with regards to cider making as we are waiting for our apples to grow. Pressing starts in September when they are ready and continues through out October, November and into December.
There is information in the cider pressing room about how the equipment works and a large information board explaining what happen during each season. You can also wander through the orchard which is quite a pleasant stroll in this lovely weather.
I hope you would return to us during pressing season to find out more about the cider process or think about booking a tour where it is all explained in more detail
Thanks for your feedback, we hope to see you again.

All reviews
"feed the animals"
"lovely food"
"nice little place"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a very friendly welcome for our two night stay, then it went downhill. The garden was unkempt and the rooms smelt airless and musty. The furniture was a mish mash of very modest quality items that were, with the exception of the beds. very uncomfortable. There was no table and chairs for eating outside just an old coffee table and two excruciatingly uncomfortable hand shaped chairs. Also there were no sun loungers in the garden. On the plus side the kitchen was well equipped.
If you want to take children to see the animals etc, I would just go for the day and stay elsewhere.

Hello,
I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I really wish you would have spoken to me when here as we could have looked at your concerns and hopefully rectified some.

The garden, I was going for a wild garden look and I thought it did look quite pretty. We always keep the lawn low, but I wanted it to feel like you were in a little bit of our wild orchard, so I do appreciate the feedback on this as this has obviously not how it has come across.
Sun loungers we have never thought of to be honest, so again thank you for the feedback, we will look into this.

I can honestly say that I have never found to flat to smell musty, and have never had this feedback before. It is particularly warm at the moment and the flat can get very warm as it gets a lot of sun. If guests do not open any windows during their stay, then I guess it would seem airless. I do always open all doors and large windows while cleaning to allow it to breathe in preparation for the next guests.

As for the furniture, we do have some different types of furniture in there. A lot of which is hand-made, quirky, teak furniture we imported back from Bali that I think is wonderful and adds something different to the flat, but this may not be to everyone’s taste. We have mixed this with your standard, more practical items such as draws and wardrobes etc. There are the additional fold out wooden chairs in the twin room which could have been used inside or out and plenty of cushions for you to use as you choose for additional comfort.
The ‘old coffee’ table and hand chairs these are also hand-made teak furniture, the table (which is actually a proper table and can fit at least 4 people around it) is a completely unique piece, hand carved and beautiful in my opinion, again, maybe not to everyone’s taste. It does have some faded patches which will happen when exposed to the elements. I have always found the hand chairs to be very comfortable, and as mentioned there are plenty of cushions that could be used for additional comfort. We also have the spare fold out chairs mentioned above for inside and out as well as some basic garden chairs, as you did find and use, so we actually supply three different types of chairs for different comfort and preference to be used in the garden.

As I said I am very sorry you did not enjoy our choice of furniture but I do wish you would have spoken to us as we have a huge range of chairs and tables, being that we are also a tea room and tea garden so we could easily have swapped out things that would have been more suited to you and made your stay more comfortable, all you had to do was ask.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited the cider farm today. We have passed here many times meaning to visit. Called in the owner was down to earth and showed us his smoker that he used to cook his meats.

We were left free to wander round looking at the farm animals most shading out of the sun. There was a playground for children, farm machinery and vehicles.

In the shop my husband fancied the chilli jam and I suggested having a meal first before returning. We went through to the nice cafe and chose ham egg and chips.
Savoury scones, they were fresh with cream cheese and chilli jam. The 2 together were a lovely combination, so we bought the chilli jam on our return to the shop.
We also bought some cider to take home. Altogether a lovely couple of hours.

Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us some lovely feedback, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed in the apartment that they rent for 4 nights, which was very clean, comfy and felt like home from home. The cider farm is fantastic, with 2 kids with us your always worried about how they are going to be entertained. We had no worry here at all! Weather it's walking through the orchard or playing in the kids park the kids loved it, as did me and my wife! The chance to feed and stroke the animals was brilliant as well and the kids couldn't get enough of them! The place as whole is done out really well the tea room was fantastic! £3.50 for a bacon bap and tea is great value for money! The specials board always had something great on as well! The cider was amazing especially at £2.80 a pint! The staff were friendly and all very welcoming! Definatley worth a visit if you come past this place! Gemma and Neil thank you for our brilliant 4 days and we can't wait to come back!

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay and our farm. We hope you had a safe trip home and hope to see you and your family again!