“A1 attraction”

Haynes International Motor Museum
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sparkford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Offering an excellent day out for everyone, with more than 400 cars and bikes displayed in stunning style, dating from 1885 to the present day. For the children there is the autogame experience, motoring themed play area, soft play area. Throughout the year the museum also hosts exciting events including Rare Breeds Motor Show.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Visited 14th June after most of the renovations were completed. The food was superb for this kind of attraction, and on the evidence of this meal I would go there to eat lunch even if not going around the museum. The staff were exemplary; they seemed proud to be working at Haynes, and the car exhibits were the best I've seen. A must see.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

went there for a day out it takes roughly a couple of hours but it worth it to see all the old cars from jaguars, MG, morrism etc plenty to see if you like cars and there a few bikes there too also cafe shop and parking worth going

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is obviously an attraction for those interested in cars- both old and new. My 10 year old is besotted with cars (thanks Top Gear!) and absolutely loved the museum. I have to confess I also found it interesting as did my hubby - neither of us are 'into' cars but for a few hours it was entertaining. I have to say if it wasn't for my 10 yr old we would't have gone as this museum does exactly what it says on the tin.
I would definatley advise taking a picnic (some tables at the front and at the back where the play park is) as the food is very expensive and the queues at lunchtime were very long. We went on a sunday and although quite busy it did not feel crowded at all.
The play area for the kids is just fantastic - it has little toy ride-on cars, scooters, small go-carts (pay £1 extra but good fun) and sand area. We had our picnic there and stayed in that area for over 90mins as the kids (10 and 2) were having such a lovely time.

1  Thank Wyton
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent way of spending an hour or two. The famous red room survives and it is truly facinating to be able to see all the models from your childhood memories. Have not been since the new entrance has been opened but i'm sure it is even better now

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited this car museum while on holiday in the area and found it to be poor value for money.
Expensive to get in and poor selection of vehicles. No Morris Miners or TVRs apart from one unrecognisable sprint car plus the racing section was pathetic.The moter cycle section was mainly
speedway. The cafe was hugely expensive and was the sting in the tail . Beaulieu was so much better.

1  Thank Stephen B