“Absolutely fabulous hotel”

Northover Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ilchester
“Absolutely fabulous hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding weekend at northover this week. The hotel was beautiful, clean with beautiful rooms and staff that literally went out of their way to help, they gave me milk for my baby, a beautiful room. Lots of support with the wedding and the manager flick was one in a million. I couldn't have asked for more and I can't believe how hard she work to make sure all ran smoothly. The food fabulous, bar staff and table staff attentive beautifully mannered and friendly an overall lovely place thank you northover!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels for business and try to go to family run places rather than the brash chain hotels. This place is the reason why I do this. The service is so personable and nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are nice and have just undergone a lick of paint. They are not huge but they're stylish and fit for purpose. Very comfy bed and bed linen. Good bathroom as well with soap and shower gel provided.

The restaurant is fab as well. Both my supper and breakfast were great. They do a very reasonableness set menu which I had. The chef really tries to source locally, and you can tell as the flavours are lovely.

Recommend thoroughly!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ilchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was invited by my company to attend a meal here to celebrate 25 years of service at AgustaWestland. The food was amazing and staff were very attentive and we enjoyed a thoroughly good evening. As a local too I have attended this venue for evening meals and sunday lunches and have always found the service excellent and the food outstanding

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I recently accompanied my husband on business to Somerset, so the accommodation was organised on our behalf and what a pleasant surprise, a really lovely place to stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel for amazing food and great service, the staff really cannot do enough for you and were very welcoming.

Our room was nice, beds very comfortable and we both slept very well. Unfortunately, the weather was against us in January, but I plan to re-visit the area in the Summer and will, without a doubt, book ourselves in for another stay at this delightful hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
normanSomerset, Owner at Northover Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Im so glad we arent accountable for the weather and relieved the log burner is in place. As you are aware the hotel is usually quiet weekdays, that fact coupled with the lousy weather however clearly suited the voracious Book Reader .
We would welcome your return anytime but hopefully when the sun is shining and you could sit and read under the shade of the tree.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Northover Manor recently for 2 nights for an event at the hotel held by a friend. We were very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel and surroundings. It turns out that the hotel is actually being renovated at the moment, but we were not inconvenienced by this at all, in fact I didn't even realise until my friend pointed it out to me.

There is a large car park to the rear of the hotel, so guests needn't worry about having to find alternative parking. The room we stayed in was large and welcoming. The bathroom was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we had a lovely view out of the window to the rear of the hotel. The food is outstanding. The hotel uses fresh local produce where ever possible and this showed in the quality of the food. I usually don't eat a lot in the morning but I couldn't resist a Full English. The hotel also has a very comfortable lounge area and a function room. I imagine this would be a lovely wedding venue. We were there for a baby's naming ceremony and my friend said they were very helpful and accommodating when she was planning the event.

I would highly recommend this hotel and next time we are in Somerset, we will definitely consider staying here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
What a great start to the week. Thankyou. We appear to be making progress. The challenge is maintaining our enthusiasm and standards but with our committed work-force we will endeavour to do so and hopefully see you again.
Dersingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hi, I will start my review by saying I am a very frequent traveller, I stay in various hotels around the country every week. I have stayed at nearly every hotel in this area and can honestly stay I would chose this hotel above any other every time.
Having now stayed at this hotel on and off over the last 3 years I have stayed in every room, ate every type of food of the menu and dealt with every member of staff. The hotel is very old but is always kept in a very clean condition, the rooms vary in size but all have what you need when your away, an iron and board, tea and coffee, excellent biscuits, tv with dvd and all of the bathrooms are clean and have great showers. Ive never had a cold one yet ! some of the bigger rooms also have baths and the paddock rooms have a separate area to sit and watch tv on nice comfy couches. This is an independent hotel, it doesn't have a gym or sauna and pool, but it does have lots of places to go for a nice walk if you want exercise, a river at the back and lovely seating areas around the hotel when the weathers nice . It has a very comfortable lounge with a nice fire and big tv ! if your lucky they will serve you dinner sat in a comfy sofa ! the dining room is close to the bar and the food is the best in the area, I have eaten everything from pasta dishes to fish and all different meats, there is plenty of variety and the menu changes each week, although you can always get the steak or the burger which are both excellent. I have eaten in top London restraunts and can honestly say the food here is just as good. the staff are very accommodating and friendly, they make you feel at home and will chat to ensure you don't just feel like a customer. Breakfast is fantastic with a very wide range of foods and they will do whatever you ask for, within reason ! I highly recommend this hotel if you want a good down to earth place to stay with great food, great service and comfy rooms to stay and relax. This probably sounds like a biast review but I am just being truthful in that if I have stayed here for 3 years and im keeping coming back they must be doing something right ! Some of the negative reviews I have seen just seem ridiculous with very petty complaints, ive never experienced any problems and if I ever had a problem it was resolved quickly.

Room Tip: Rooms 15, 17, 23 are probably the best
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
normanSomerset, Owner at Northover Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
This is an interesting exercise for me because as a guest we are really familiar with your requirements. Over the past few years a relationship has developed where its always a pleasure to see you as your needs are modest. There isnt a member of staff who genuinely isnt fond of you and therefore happy to meet any reasonable request you may make. Given the time and opportunity , I'm sure we would endeavour to make the vast majority of regular guests equally as comfortable.
I recognise that isnt always achievable but sometimes expectations can be unrealistic and our sense of self importance .
Occassionally what we are striving to attain and the guests needs can be mismatched but these things, you I would imagine, already know.
I am flattered that you have taken the time to write a review and dispense your well informed opinion and I hope collectively we continue to give you a valid reason to continue to stay.
Birmingham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

An excellent friendly staffed Hotel. Close to every thing you could possible need, minutes away from most if not all Somerset's activities from the Fleet Air Arm & Concord to Wooky Hole and the caves. The Hotel was super clean even after the recent floods, food was excellent and the beer was good and inexpensive. A very, very friendly staffed Hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good or ours was No. 10.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thankyou for your comments. Personally once Haines Motor Museum is reopened ( which I have to say is looking awesome ) the local area will become even more of a destination.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilchester
The Ilchester Arms Hotel
The Hollies Hotel
The Hollies Hotel
#1 of 2 in Martock
Yeovil Court Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Northover Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!