The Plough Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Eldon Country Hotel(Long Preston)
  • Free Internet
The Craven Arms(Giggleswick)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Traddock(Austwick)
View Hotel
All reviewshistory roomlamb shankevening mealyorkshire dalessteak and ale pierooms are comfortablepub foodopen firewarm welcomebottled waternothing too much troublea lovely stayfull english breakfastrelaxing breaklovely roomone night stayroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for the weekend with friends prior to a christening in Kirby Malham plus some walking. We found the rooms to be comfortable and clean and the staff were very friendly who went out of their way to accommodate us. The food was excellent especially has we had booked our stay to include Valentines Day, their evening menu was themed accordingly with exceptional food.

We would highly recommend The Plough to anyone who is thinking of staying there,the beautiful old building was full of charm, the staff were very friendly, the bedrooms spacious and the food was brilliant.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room9 which had views towards Ingleborough and Pen-y-ghent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My Parents took me and my partner here for my 30th this weekend! Being a Wigglesworth it was somewhere I really wanted to go and see and know more about my name! This place is amazing Teresa and Phil are wonderful, amazing service, amazing food, amazing place and just a joy to spend time there! I can't wait go back again! The scenery in the area is beautiful well worth a visit! I would like to say a bit thank you to Teresa as well for organising the wonderful flowers and champagne in the room when I arrived! Look forward to seeing you both again soon

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and 8 are lovely!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tiggles-7
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Plough was a great place to stay I went for New Year’s Eve 2013. The room was nice not overly fancy but still clean and had good facilities. The lounge area on the ground floor is great it had a wood fire burning which was great to see when coming in from the cold. They also had a wood fire in the restaurant area. The women who met us at the reception was nice and friendly she looked after us well.

The food that was served on the night was great, we had an 8 course meal it was fantastic. I've never eaten so much in my life each dish was well thought out. The breakfast was great too. I didn’t look around the village of Wigglesworth as we got there in the evening and headed back the next day but we drove around the surrounding area and it was really nice, lots of great views.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LloydTranquil
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed one night with extended family prior to a wedding. This hotel was very comfortable and of an excellent standard. There was attention to detail that can not be found in 5 * hotels. Nothing was too much trouble and the needs of very small children in the party were readily catered for.
The food was lovely and the freshly cooked breakfast, which is such a rarity these days, was delicious. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DoRoBo2013
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

a second return to the plough was disappointing. generally small differences such as the menu was as comprehensive but not as well presented. also service was mixed - a lot of standing about rather than attending to clients needs. cold coffee etc. also the rooms are cramped with little room to sit other than the bed. a welcome pack too would have been nice. disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013