“Girlie spa break”

Parsonage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

States here on a living social deal for my niece's birthday . Great stay cloisters spa was lovey staff friendly and spa was spotless.

Hotel spacious and staff very friendly and attentive. Evening meal very filling and very reasonable in price
Cooked part of breakfast bit disappointing but that was more to me being a bit fussy !

All in all a lovely couple of days

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Parsonage Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Myself, my sister and both our husbands have just returned from a one night stay (Saturday 17th Nov) at this lovely hotel to celebrate my sisters 50th birthday. We booked a spa break which included afternoon tea and a evening meal. The spa area was great and the attention we received from the spa staff was excellant as were the treatments we received. The staff in the bar and restaurant were equally attentive. The food in the restaurant was divine. We upgraded to a superiour room (room no 29) which was a lovely room with a view over the garden. We will be returning for another spa break because we enjoyed it so much. Would recommend this hotel and spa area as a place to stay to celebrate a special occasion.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Just returned from a weekend at The Parsonage. What a great place! Wonderful spa, very new and up to date. Very reasonably priced treatments with lovely staff. The Parsonage is very welcoming and homely, felt comfortable immediately. Room was lovely and clean with everything you need. Food in the restaurant is absolutely excellent and the waiting staff so attentive. We had a wonderful time and will definately go back. Would highly recommend for the cost - well worth the money.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room if available
1  Thank cooky4
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here on a surprise 21st birthday weekend. He had apparently emailed ahead to tell them but there was no acknowledgment of his email! There is plenty of parking as we arrived and there was a red carpet out (obviously for me an not the wedding!).

Check in was smooth although confusion over pre-payment and we were asked to book for dinner as they were getting busy. We were taken to our room although had to walk through the wedding reception to get there which was extremely awkward!

The room was clean and spacious but needs updating! We were in what seemed a fairly new part of the hotel so it surprised us that the rooms were so dated. Nevertheless we had a lovely view of fields and there was tea and coffee making facilities. There is however an extreme lack of plug sockets, we could only find 2 at the desk! Very frustrating!

Dinner was a set menu with choice of 3 for each course. We were asked to sit in the bar to be seated and the bar lady came over and asked for drinks. I asked f they did prossecco by the glass to which she replied no. I asked to see the wine list and lo an by hold, prossecco by the glass was there! I pointed this out to her to which she replied 'oh I've never known that before' she looked in the fridge to find a little bottle! Basic product knowledge is necessary and I was quite shocked she didn't know her wine list properly! The waitress came to take our order (still in the bar) and I asked for a couple more minutes, she didn't seem impressed by this!

She didn't give me much longer before she was back and I felt extremely pressured and rushed by her, she was very abrupt and found my request for gravy on the side for my braised lamb main. She came back and told me it was not possible to do so, I ended up with salmon instead. We got shown to our table in an empty restaurant, despite being told they were 'full' and we could not eat at the time we wanted was slightly annoying as there was an empty table for two all night next to us. They sat us next to a window that was fairly draughty but nothing I couldn't cope with.
The waiter was pleasant but did nothing out of his way to make our meal special or memorable. The food was good; duck leg terrine, salmon followed by cherry Bakewell tart.

We went back to our room and the boyfriend rang down for a bucket of ice and two champagne glasses as he had brought a bottle for us to celebrate the weekend. They refused to give us anything unless we bought it from the bar. Whilst I can appreciate they want business, customer service is also key.

We did hear a couple arguing very loudly in their room on our way back to ours but couldn't hear them inside our room. We also heard what seemed like someone having sex in the grounds the first night.

Breakfast was okay, it took 3 people to bring toast, hot water and tea. It was a self service buffet on mass. The second day we had a much better personal service, I think because there was only a handful of guests they could give some time to in the restaurant rather than a couple of 100 in a function room. Although we had the same waitress from the first night that shouted at me for walking into the wrong part of the restaurant when looking for the hot food. It was freshly cooked on the second day.

The spa was heavenly and definitely worth a visit during your stay. There's plenty of rooms in the spa; sauna, aromatherapy room, steam room and salt room, pool and jacuzzi. You do need a pound for lockers but provide you with a towel, robe and slippers. There are members of the public who go aswell and weren't very pleased to see guests there, we even got shouted at by one lady for 'not showering' when in fact we had. I had the body sensation massage as they couldn't squeeze an extra ten minutes in for me to have a full body massage. It was lovely and the treatment room was very relaxing.

Afternoon tea was lovely, we ordered it at reception and it arrived in the lounge. For the price I expected a pot of tea each and whilst there was a variety I expected more in quantity. We also had to share the lounge with a small baby who wouldn't stop crying. It spoilt the experience and we couldn't wait to get out!

All in all a pleasant stay and a really relaxing weekend with the boyfriend. I would recommend the hotel train their staff who are predominantly quite young on customer service and product knowledge as it did let the experience down. The hotel is good but needs a few alterations. I'd definitely recommend the space mill about 10 minutes drive away! Taxis are very expensive as you have to pay for them to come from York!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Had two nights here 9th,10th nov.we had afternoon tea which was very nice and a great evening meal.The staff were really friendly and very polite.Breakfast was not great.The room was nice only downside was when we arrived the room was very cold so had to ask for another heater.Good location for York and would stay again.

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I attended a wedding at the Parsonage in October. The day was wonderful and the setting was perfect - the outdoor area made for great photo's and place to socialise on a surprisingly warm afternoon. The food was delicious and the service seemless. The only disappointment was that the receptionist, K, made disparaging remarks about some guests outfits within earshot of the wedding party. Whilst this didn't detract from the day for my friends I have to say this lack of professionalism tarnished what otherwise would have been a fantastic event. Unfortunately we didn't have time to sample the spa but it does indeed look beautiful. I would return to the Parsonage but a little training wouldn't go amiss.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 9 November 2012

A one night stay was just too short at this very nice hotel. Staff superb and could not be more helpful. Food and drinks were good and well priced for a hotel. overall great value for money and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!