“Lovely hotel, but a few niggles”

Parsonage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited the Parsonage for 2 nights in mid Dec. firstly I have to say the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. First niggle was that my room was on the top floor and only accessed by a steep, slightly perilous staircase. The first night i dined in the restaurant and the food was excellent, as was the service. However when I wanted an after drink dinner in the bar, the service was very poor and I had to remind reception staff twice that I wanted service in the bar. When I eventually did get served the bar staff werent familiar with what I wanted and I had to advise them as to which glass to use. The following day I decided after a fabulous breakfast to use the spa facilities which are conveniently in the grounds. I also thought this would allow housekeeping time to do my room. Generally the spa facilities are good with a wide range of sauna/steam rooms and a good sized pool. However it must be noticed that there is a clear divide between hotel guests and those from outside visiting the spa. Hotel guests are only given a towel, whereas other visitors are also given robes and slippers. With a strict policy of showering between every steam/sauna, the towel soon became very wet and you therefore couldn't lie on the loungers to relax without shivering..When I returned to the hotel at 2pm, I was surprised that my room still hadn't been attended to, so went to the wonderful lounge for a first class afternoon tea. The Parsonage is a beautiful old building with lots of character and gorgeous rooms, and its restaurants and spa def give it an edge over any competition. However they need to think about the details, as its these that make the difference between good and great.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 14 December 2013

very good value for money lovely surroundings and close to shopping outlet and York spot on I will be returning there next year 2nd night we ate in a village pub would eat at Parsonage next time much better value and service staff very helpful had a couple of treatments excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My daughter and I have just visited the hotel on the Pure indulgence Spa break. Very good staff pleasant courteous and professional. We stayed in room 25 which had a beautiful view and was very peaceful, hence an excellent nights sleep. The Spa is wonderful good staff and well planned, a must to recharge the batteries. Fabulous food and service. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: we enjoyed room 25
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Took my wife for a weekend break , was pleasantly surprised, nice helpful staff, large plush room, breakfast spot on, evening meal delicious, bar a little quiet but nice bar staff and the spa facilities A1.
Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paul b
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My mum and I have just had a lovely relaxing afternoon in cloisters spa in the grounds of the parsonage hotel. Our therapists were excellent and made us feel really special. I would highly recommend the hot stone massage. This was the most relaxing treatment that I have ever had and the facial was excellent. The therapists were knowledgeable about treatments and which ones would complement each other.
We stayed at the hotel- booked in for two nights. Food was lovely both dinner and breakfast. All the staff were lovely and nothing was too much. A lovely relaxing break. Thanks

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just back from a two night Amazon deal at this lovely hotel. Enjoyed every second. The spa facilities were immaculate and such an asset to the hotel. We ate in the beautiful restaurant both nights and couldn't fault the food or service. Lots of variety for breakfast and again the service was great. The bar and sitting rooms were so welcoming and cosy and we loved having out post dinner coffee there. Really professional staff who couldn't do enough for us. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the coach house, Room was not plush but was clean and spacious with a good big bath. Ve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisDec
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Parsonage overnight and had a lovely time. Spa facilities and gym are excellent - very tranquil and relaxing. Food in the restaurant excellent value for money - and good quality ingredients are used. Would recommend and will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
4 mi away
Mount Royale Hotel & Spa
Middletons York
Middletons York
#25 of 47 in York

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Parsonage Hotel & Spa

Address: Main Street, Escrick YO19 6LF, England (Formerly Parsonage Country House Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > North Yorkshire > Selby District > Escrick
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Price Range: £67 - £126 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Parsonage Hotel & Spa 3*
The Parsonage Hotel & spa is set in five acres of beautiful formal gardens and only a short drive from the historical city of York. Boasting 50 stylish decorated bedrooms, each one offers en-suite facilities, flat screen digital tv and wifi. All residents (over 18) have access to Cloisters Spa & Health Club. Dine in our award winning Lascelles restaurant or enjoy afternoon tea in the drawing room or conservatory which overlook the beautiful gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parsonage Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Parsonage Country Hotel