“Fantastic”

Parsonage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend did the overnight indulgance package. The spa is superb. Clean and staff lovely. Hotel is very nice rooms very clean all amenities required. Lovely view of the stunning gardens. Food in the evening was outstanding. Breakfast following day was great. A lovely hotel with lovely professional and very polite staff. Can't believe it is only a 3 star. Would recommend and will definately return. The overnight indulgance package is great and such good value for money. Drinks at the bar reasonably priced too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle T
There are newer reviews for Parsonage Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We've just had 3 days here, it is great value for money, the food is 5 star, we like the relaxed atmosphere, and the staff can't do enough to help you the spa is one of the best we've been to the treatment were carried out amazingly

Room Tip: Go for the spa break good value
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I eat at the restaurant here on a regular basis as we live about 25 mins drive away. However, we had never stayed here until New Years Eve, when we booked in for the overnight stay with afternoon tea, and evening meal followed by disco until the early hours. The experience was superb, very special, and showed that this hotel is a benchmark for other similar establishments.
The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was of the highest quality, well cooked and beautifully presented....indeed the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in an hotel, and I am VERY picky! the arrangements for the disco and NYE celebrations were thorough and professional, to the extent that dancers could dance, talkers could talk, it was at no point overcrowded, and there was no queue. at the bar.
Well done to all at the Parsonage for enhancing our NYE celebrations. You show other Hotels how it should be done and I would give you my highest praise and recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

had a wonderful relaxing break food was to die for the 3 course evening meal was wonderful ,breakfast was also nice plenty too choose from hot or cold spa was spotlessly clean and was the reason we chose this hotel for the facilities and staff very helpful and polite,had a very nice room would certainly return again

Room Tip: had room 52 was large and quiet
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christine2005
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited the Parsonage for 2 nights in mid Dec. firstly I have to say the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. First niggle was that my room was on the top floor and only accessed by a steep, slightly perilous staircase. The first night i dined in the restaurant and the food was excellent, as was the service. However when I wanted an after drink dinner in the bar, the service was very poor and I had to remind reception staff twice that I wanted service in the bar. When I eventually did get served the bar staff werent familiar with what I wanted and I had to advise them as to which glass to use. The following day I decided after a fabulous breakfast to use the spa facilities which are conveniently in the grounds. I also thought this would allow housekeeping time to do my room. Generally the spa facilities are good with a wide range of sauna/steam rooms and a good sized pool. However it must be noticed that there is a clear divide between hotel guests and those from outside visiting the spa. Hotel guests are only given a towel, whereas other visitors are also given robes and slippers. With a strict policy of showering between every steam/sauna, the towel soon became very wet and you therefore couldn't lie on the loungers to relax without shivering..When I returned to the hotel at 2pm, I was surprised that my room still hadn't been attended to, so went to the wonderful lounge for a first class afternoon tea. The Parsonage is a beautiful old building with lots of character and gorgeous rooms, and its restaurants and spa def give it an edge over any competition. However they need to think about the details, as its these that make the difference between good and great.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2013

very good value for money lovely surroundings and close to shopping outlet and York spot on I will be returning there next year 2nd night we ate in a village pub would eat at Parsonage next time much better value and service staff very helpful had a couple of treatments excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My daughter and I have just visited the hotel on the Pure indulgence Spa break. Very good staff pleasant courteous and professional. We stayed in room 25 which had a beautiful view and was very peaceful, hence an excellent nights sleep. The Spa is wonderful good staff and well planned, a must to recharge the batteries. Fabulous food and service. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: we enjoyed room 25
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Parsonage Hotel & Spa

Address: Main Street, Escrick YO19 6LF, England (Formerly Parsonage Country House Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > North Yorkshire > Selby District > Escrick
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Price Range: £65 - £122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Parsonage Hotel & Spa 3*
The Parsonage Hotel & spa is set in five acres of beautiful formal gardens and only a short drive from the historical city of York. Boasting 50 stylish decorated bedrooms, each one offers en-suite facilities, flat screen digital tv and wifi. All residents (over 18) have access to Cloisters Spa & Health Club. Dine in our award winning Lascelles restaurant or enjoy afternoon tea in the drawing room or conservatory which overlook the beautiful gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Parsonage Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Parsonage Country Hotel