“Fabulous fabulous fabulous winter wedding”

Parsonage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous winter wedding
We got married at this lovely, charming country hotel in December and can’t think of anything we would change about our day or the days we spent in the hotel afterwards.
We’d planned our day down to the last detail with the hotels wedding planner and everything ran like clockwork.
We were looked after on the day by a lovely young woman called Kerry who guided us through all the plans with calmness and efficiency.
From the ceremony in the Castania room, through our drinks reception in the conservatory, photos indoors and out, wedding breakfast in the Crystal Suite and buffet/disco
later everything was perfect.
All our family & friends had a great day and so many of them have told us since that it’s the best wedding they’ve been to, best organised and best food (the beef dinner with Yorkshire pudds, veg, pots etc was wonderful and very generous portion sizes which impressed us Yorkshire folk so much!).
We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights to relax in the cosy drawing room (with open fire), use the delightful spa (jacuzzi, steam room, sauna etc) and enjoy the excellent food in the restaurant.
We found all the staff very helpful and attentive during our stay, particularly Gemma who helped my wife with the table decorations on the morning of the wedding.
Food, service, charming hotel … great memories for us and our family & friends.
We’ll be back before long to enjoy the spa and to stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had our wedding here in December 2013 and we stayed in the hotel for 3nights. Everything was superb! The staff were very helpful, efficient & polite... particular mention for Kerry(wedding) and Gemma(wedding & during our stay)... Food was delicious( 5 star) all guests said the same. Our room was special & Stunning. This is an old country house hotel & that is how it was, how we expected. Breakfast and evening meals we had here were also of excellent standard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend did the overnight indulgance package. The spa is superb. Clean and staff lovely. Hotel is very nice rooms very clean all amenities required. Lovely view of the stunning gardens. Food in the evening was outstanding. Breakfast following day was great. A lovely hotel with lovely professional and very polite staff. Can't believe it is only a 3 star. Would recommend and will definately return. The overnight indulgance package is great and such good value for money. Drinks at the bar reasonably priced too.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We've just had 3 days here, it is great value for money, the food is 5 star, we like the relaxed atmosphere, and the staff can't do enough to help you the spa is one of the best we've been to the treatment were carried out amazingly

Room Tip: Go for the spa break good value
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I eat at the restaurant here on a regular basis as we live about 25 mins drive away. However, we had never stayed here until New Years Eve, when we booked in for the overnight stay with afternoon tea, and evening meal followed by disco until the early hours. The experience was superb, very special, and showed that this hotel is a benchmark for other similar establishments.
The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was of the highest quality, well cooked and beautifully presented....indeed the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in an hotel, and I am VERY picky! the arrangements for the disco and NYE celebrations were thorough and professional, to the extent that dancers could dance, talkers could talk, it was at no point overcrowded, and there was no queue. at the bar.
Well done to all at the Parsonage for enhancing our NYE celebrations. You show other Hotels how it should be done and I would give you my highest praise and recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

had a wonderful relaxing break food was to die for the 3 course evening meal was wonderful ,breakfast was also nice plenty too choose from hot or cold spa was spotlessly clean and was the reason we chose this hotel for the facilities and staff very helpful and polite,had a very nice room would certainly return again

Room Tip: had room 52 was large and quiet
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christine2005
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited the Parsonage for 2 nights in mid Dec. firstly I have to say the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. First niggle was that my room was on the top floor and only accessed by a steep, slightly perilous staircase. The first night i dined in the restaurant and the food was excellent, as was the service. However when I wanted an after drink dinner in the bar, the service was very poor and I had to remind reception staff twice that I wanted service in the bar. When I eventually did get served the bar staff werent familiar with what I wanted and I had to advise them as to which glass to use. The following day I decided after a fabulous breakfast to use the spa facilities which are conveniently in the grounds. I also thought this would allow housekeeping time to do my room. Generally the spa facilities are good with a wide range of sauna/steam rooms and a good sized pool. However it must be noticed that there is a clear divide between hotel guests and those from outside visiting the spa. Hotel guests are only given a towel, whereas other visitors are also given robes and slippers. With a strict policy of showering between every steam/sauna, the towel soon became very wet and you therefore couldn't lie on the loungers to relax without shivering..When I returned to the hotel at 2pm, I was surprised that my room still hadn't been attended to, so went to the wonderful lounge for a first class afternoon tea. The Parsonage is a beautiful old building with lots of character and gorgeous rooms, and its restaurants and spa def give it an edge over any competition. However they need to think about the details, as its these that make the difference between good and great.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Monk Fryston
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!