“Romantic break for two”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Romantic break for two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hotel is beautiful and in a beautiful location. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The spa facilities were superb, I had this all to myself which was luxury. We would definitely stay again. We visited to do some Christmas shopping and visited the York designer outlet and shopped in York city. So may fascinating places to visit. A lovely pre Christmas break away. Only negative, the bath plug in our room was leaking water so we were unable to have a relaxing bath! Easily fixed though

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
east yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This week had a very relaxing spa day at The Cloisters at the Parsonage,provided with new white fluffy robes,slippers and towels,we swam in a lovely tepid pool followed by a session in the Jacuzzi,aromatherapy room and various steam rooms before showering changing into our underwear and robes for our massage but not till after our afternoon tea which consisted of small sandwiches in white and brown bread of which the smoked salmon in brown were the best as the white bread wasn't too fresh,followed by cream scones and jam lovely,there were also small cakes which we tried some and were nice what we had...An hour later we had a full body massage in a very dimly lit room with relaxing music,the girl who did my massage was lovely and I thought gave me an expert massage with beautiful smelly oils.So we left feeling,,,, so when do we go back.Yes please.

Room Tip: Try and go midweek,not so busy
hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Booked this hotel for my birthday and went with 3 of my sisters for the 2 day spa treatment with bed and breakfast through Amazon local. We arrived at about 6pm and were greeted by the hotel receptionist Caroline. We were shown to our rooms and when we went in they were both double and I had asked for 2 twin rooms when I phoned to redeem my voucher. The girl who took us to our room said that she would try and move us but we were told by Caroline that they only had 1 twin left which I gave to my sister because she wasn't feeling too well. I had initially called the hotel that afternoon and was told there were rooms available (superior) but that I would have to pay and extra £40 per night so it was a surprise to me that only a couple of hours later there were apparently no upgrades available. My sisters and I were all having a laugh as it was my birthday and we had a lot of catching up to do. When my other sister arrived she went to reception and asked where we were. Caroline proceeded to say 'if you follow the cackling, you will find them' I thought that comment was totally uncalled for and unprofessional and had I been told of the comment sooner I would have complained to the manager. We went for our evening meal which I have to say was absolutely delicious and I could not fault it. The 3 course menu option offers you a free bottle of house wine which I would tell all future guests to avoid at all cost. The rooms are of an ok standard until you inspect the quilt!! My quilt had somehow slipped out of the quilt cover and it almost made me retch it was so disgusting. It had started to disintegrate and there were black hairs and other black specs inter-twined within the fibres. I think this is something the hotel needs to address immediately as it is a health issue. The breakfast was ok and there was plenty to choose from but I thought the tea and coffee were of a poor quality. The grounds of the hotel are stunning and I would say it would be the perfect place for a wedding. The other staff were friendly and attentive. The spa and the staff were lovely and my treatments were exceptional but I would not have had my facial if I had known that there was resurfacing/tarmacking work being carried out on the grounds. The treatment was stressful and noisy and had I been informed that this work was being carried out I would have cancelled the treatment and had it done at a later time. On the last night of our stay there were new guests that had arrived. I asked the duty manager if the hotel was full and she told me that there were 23 rooms still available, mmmmmmmmmm. Would I come to this hotel again? Probably not

Room Tip: ask to check the quilt
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous winter wedding
We got married at this lovely, charming country hotel in December and can’t think of anything we would change about our day or the days we spent in the hotel afterwards.
We’d planned our day down to the last detail with the hotels wedding planner and everything ran like clockwork.
We were looked after on the day by a lovely young woman called Kerry who guided us through all the plans with calmness and efficiency.
From the ceremony in the Castania room, through our drinks reception in the conservatory, photos indoors and out, wedding breakfast in the Crystal Suite and buffet/disco
later everything was perfect.
All our family & friends had a great day and so many of them have told us since that it’s the best wedding they’ve been to, best organised and best food (the beef dinner with Yorkshire pudds, veg, pots etc was wonderful and very generous portion sizes which impressed us Yorkshire folk so much!).
We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights to relax in the cosy drawing room (with open fire), use the delightful spa (jacuzzi, steam room, sauna etc) and enjoy the excellent food in the restaurant.
We found all the staff very helpful and attentive during our stay, particularly Gemma who helped my wife with the table decorations on the morning of the wedding.
Food, service, charming hotel … great memories for us and our family & friends.
We’ll be back before long to enjoy the spa and to stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had our wedding here in December 2013 and we stayed in the hotel for 3nights. Everything was superb! The staff were very helpful, efficient & polite... particular mention for Kerry(wedding) and Gemma(wedding & during our stay)... Food was delicious( 5 star) all guests said the same. Our room was special & Stunning. This is an old country house hotel & that is how it was, how we expected. Breakfast and evening meals we had here were also of excellent standard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend did the overnight indulgance package. The spa is superb. Clean and staff lovely. Hotel is very nice rooms very clean all amenities required. Lovely view of the stunning gardens. Food in the evening was outstanding. Breakfast following day was great. A lovely hotel with lovely professional and very polite staff. Can't believe it is only a 3 star. Would recommend and will definately return. The overnight indulgance package is great and such good value for money. Drinks at the bar reasonably priced too.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle T
Langham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We've just had 3 days here, it is great value for money, the food is 5 star, we like the relaxed atmosphere, and the staff can't do enough to help you the spa is one of the best we've been to the treatment were carried out amazingly

Room Tip: Go for the spa break good value
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,452 reviews
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
York Marriott Hotel

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!