Stopped for one night on a good cheap deal. Followed advice and booked the restaurant with our meal costing more than the room. Lovely building, friendly staff, vegetarian friendly. Spa a little in need of some upkeep but still lovely and clean with the pool under a glass roof on a hot day making it as good as being abroad. The bar in the conservatory is also nice and clean but if youre an ale drinker, head for the golfing lodge just 2 mins down the path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Agoda, Lastminute and Odigeo so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland