We were invited to my girlfriend's cousin's wedding yesterday, 30th December. What a fantastic experience! From the moment we arrived, the staff were lovely and more than accommodating. The day ran really smoothly. The wedding breakfast meal itself was gorgeous. So tasty! And the service was impeccable.
The room we were given was fabulous. A really good night's sleep was had in the huge bed.
I would recommend to anyone planning their wedding, or even just having a night or two away, to book Matfen Hall. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Hotels.com, Lastminute and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland