We booked our wedding early in 2013 using their 2013 offer for Monday 30th December 2013. We were sold as soon as we saw the Great Hall which is a fantastic space with the amazing stain glass window and staircase. With the promise of the massive Christmas tree we knew it was our venue!!
Victoria, the wedding planner, made planning the big day a thoroughly pleasant experience - we were filled with confidence in her from our first meeting. We could not fault her!
On the day it was a pleasure to meet Peter, our master of ceremonies for the day. He was so lovely and attentive and helped the day run smoothly. Between him and the other staff working Matfen Hall exceeded all our expectations. The food was delicious and service was brilliant.
We ran slightly behind because our receiving line took a lot longer than we expected but if this did cause a problem in the kitchen then we were not made aware of it. We have had many compliments on the food from our guests.
I slept in room 5 the night before the wedding which was a lovely clean and bright room with a window seat. We got ready in my sisters bedroom (room 7) which was huge and spacious even with me, 3 bridesmaids, mum, hairdresser and MUA in! If we thought room 7 was large this was nothing compared to the bridal suite (room 6). It was just a shame we weren't in the room longer to make the most of it, but we were too busy enjoying ourselves at the disco in the vault and then a few after party drinks in the conservatory.
Our wedding day was perfect and we want to thank Victoria, Peter and everyone at Matfen Hall for helping make that so!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland