We've stayed at Matfen Hall several times this year and decided that we'd like to spend the evening of our Silver Wedding Anniversary there. As it was a special occasion, I requested a bottle of wine on arrival and the receptionist went out of her way to make sure we got the wine we wanted. The deluxe room was ready when we got there, slightly early, and there was a box of chocolates and a card on the table for us. The dinner was excellent as always. Thank you for making a special occasion really special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland