We went for a drive out and decided to visit Matfen Hall for lunch only. Although disappointed that the main restaurant wasn't open we decided to try the Conservatory meals (which I presume come from the same kitchen). Suffice to say we weren't disappointed. The sirloin steak was beautifully cooked and this was followed by the renowned old favourite - sticky toffee pudding. A very pleasant experience and certainly well worth a visit. The staff are young but appear to be very competent and polite. There are ample parking spaces very close to the hall entrance. It can be very relaxing to stroll around the grounds and admire the surrounding area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Lastminute, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland