Not only is the hotel set in the most wonderful golf course grounds but every window overlooks the course. The rooms are delightful. The bathroom we had was so large it would have done well for a party! Walk in shower and bathtub separate. Excellent. Beautiful linens and attention to detail. The restaurant was very good. Service at dinner was excellent due to our waiter. Breakfast service was shambolic. But all in all, a superb place to stay. Just be sure about walking the stairs. There is only a lift on the newer side of the hotel and we stayed in the older original side. Much worth the effort of the stairs even on crutches. Not cheap but certainly worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland