We stayed for one night at Matfen Hall for my wifes birthday.
The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly.
We made use of the pool and spa facilities. They were clean, but in need of a little freshening up which I believe was due to happen shortly after our visit.
The room was lovely, more of a junior suite so nice and spacious.
The biggest plus for me was the restaurant. The food was delicious. The staff were brilliant, attentive but not over the top. It isn't the cheapest in the world but you get what you pay for so can't fault anything about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland