Just returned after a two day stay at this venue, the building,gardens and scenery is worth the visit alone. The wedding went like clockwork with thanks to all the staff for ensuring it did so.The food here is top drawer and very well presented, the menu is very good and you can ask for almost anything and they will oblige. The rooms are are comfortable and well presented with large bathrooms, wi fi and TV , tea/coffee and a fridge, a large Spa is also available with a good size swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland