“Service”

The Orangery, Lumby Hall
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for lunch but could not get served due to lack of staffing. This also happened on the previous occasion I ventured out there. Need to get some more staff urgently.

1  Thank Antony W

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Casual visit on a Sunday lunch. Lovely day,sat outside and enjoyed the sun. The waitress took our order for drinks and food and we only waited maybe 5 minutes for both to arrive. I had a ham,cheese and mushroom ciapanni and my wife had a tuna and cheese ciapanni and we had a side order of chips. The ciapannis came with a small side-salad,lovely fresh leaves and dressing.
We cleaned the plates,the ciapannis were delicious,the chips were hot and the beer was cold. The place was filling up nicely when we left. There is a play area for children that looked brilliant so we're going back with our grandson for another lunch very soon.

mrsnicola, Owner at The Orangery, Lumby Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I'm glad you both had a nice time, the beer and the sun probably helped! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Having seen the "breakfast club" offer on a local Facebook page we decided to go for breakfast today.

Stunning grounds and easy to park.

I think a little wooden arrow pointing to the entrance is a good idea as it wasn't obvious at first but soon saw where to go.

The young lady greeted us and offered a choice of tables. The room was very nicely decorated in shabby chiq style/vintage.

Menu is clear and a good range offered at sensible prices.

Our coffees came within a few minutes and breakfast in about 10 mins. Perfect service.

Whilst it looks great I think the pea shoots are not required on top but that maybe the chefs style.

Our plates were clean and breakfast immaculate. Not greasy and the sausages were amazing.

A posh fry up but very filling - like the shot glass of OJ too!

We finished off with Bucks Fizz.

After the 25% discount it came to £23.

Just about right for what was served.

Definitely going back. Having read the poor reviews tonight I struggle to see how that could happen as the quality all round was spot on. She did say they were in their 8th month so still learning I guess.

We arrived about 10.30 and were the 2nd couple being served. As we were leaving another 4 or 5 people came in and up in the soft play were about 4 mum's and tots.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I am a care worker and i take people out on social calls. I went to the Orangery this morning despite reading some very poor reviews. I had a client that uses a wheelchair so went through the gate to the disabled parking area. Not much room there but we got tucked in. There is thick gravel which makes access very difficult for wheelchairs but again it was only a short distance to the flagged area to the door so no probs. A very pleasant young lady greeted us and made room for us to get the wheelchair in. The decor was lovely. We had tea/coffee and my client had a jam and cream scone. The scone was fresh and was served warm. My client enjoyed it very much and our drinks were lovely and hot. I got 3 good size cups of tea out of one pot so plenty. When we got up to leave we paid and had a little peep at a fabulous childrens play area. A gentleman said he would open the large glass doors for us if we would like in order to make it easier for the wheelchair. Staff couldnt have been more pleasant and helpful. Can't review the meals atm as we didn't partake.

mrsnicola, Owner at The Orangery, Lumby Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hi Louise, that's lovely to hear you both had a nice time and thank you for such nice feedback. The gravel can be a bit of a problem sometimes, and we will look at better alternatives in the near future, for disabled access. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

After reading recent reviews I wasn't too hopeful about our visit to The Orangery, Oh how I was so wrong! Beautiful setting outside with ample parking. We were greeted by friendly staff. We had my 3 yr old with us so we went into the 'kids' play area. If you have under 5's this is a great place for them and you. Loads of kids toys to keep them busy while you can enjoy a catch up, coffee and food. Ample seating, highchairs etc.
From recent reviews I can only guess that they have had 'issues' with kitchen staff/chef. From my visit I can gather that these issues have be solved.
We ordered sandwiches and Thai fishcakes, arrived promptly and very nice. Kids menu had a good range of options with decent portion sizes. So no concerns about the food.
There is also an area well away from the kids area if you want a more peaceful experience. The venue has plenty of space and has quirky decor, that I think is great! Prices are reasonable. I would definitely recommend and i will return soon.

mrsnicola, Owner at The Orangery, Lumby Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments and I’m glad you had a nice time. We hope to see you again soon.