“great value for money”

South Milford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Milford
Reviewed 5 December 2013

we stayed at this hotel as we were on a coach trip with national holidays after reading reviews on a typical coach holiday hotel we wasnt expecting much but we was very impressed. the room was very clean and spacious the bed was very comfy and the food was excellent for the price we payed, buffet style 3 course dinner and breakfast all included and plenty to chose from i would definatly recommend this hotel .it also had great facilities which we would have took more advantage of if we stayed more than one night including bar sauna and swimming pool just what u need after a long day shopping!

• Stayed: December 2013
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at South Milford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all aspects were to your satisfaction.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and this has been shared with the hotel team.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming yo back to the hotel should you be in the area again.

There are newer reviews for South Milford Hotel

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Not really any complaints.Stayed in room 137 which was situated at the end of a corridor,facing the car park but well away from from entertainment rooms so quiet.Very nice,friendly staff throughout.Clean and fresh throughout.Restaurant,clean,great food,lovely staff.Our room was spotless and newly painted/refurbished.We had a double bed and 2 single.Lovely comfy beds,duvets and pillows.The only fault we could find is the lighting in the room (apart from the bathroom) wasnt bright enough and when it came to dry your hair in front of the mirrors,you couldnt see very well.I would have put lighting above the mirrors.Apart from that,i cant fault our stay.I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel and im very very fussy.Its 35mins from Leeds and the same to York.

Room Tip: Our room was down a long corridor at the back of the reception,it was quiet as it was well away from...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
I am delighted to hear that you had and enjoyable experience and I have passed your comments onto the hotel team. I have also raised the issue regarding the lighting and this is being looked into.
We look froward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting the area

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed overnight,initially in part of hotel that had not been refurbished but room was adequate enough.had trouble with shower but my friend and I were moved quickly to single rooms in the refurbished part of the hotel.Nothing was too much trouble for Connor on reception and the female receptionist.After I got home realised that I had left my favourite cardigan at the hotel .luckily when I rang it had been found and was posted on to me.food was surprisingly goods during our stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 of my lads whilst working in the area. I found the reception staff to be really helpful and friendly. It's a great place with easy access to the area. Checked on the lads and they were happy with comfortable and quiet room -I had trouble waking them?! They loved the free wifi and enjoyed the plentiful breakfasts. Pulling up to the hotel is quite scary as it looks very dated but once inside it's very upto date and there is even a swimming pool! I would definitely stay here if I needed a decent hotel in the area and it's much cheaper than the recognised 'budget' hotels.

Room Tip: The annex over the bridge is good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Qualityleeds, General Manager at South Milford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Quality Hotel Leeds Selby.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be assured that all your comments have been noted, and shared with all my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked the hotel for the first time, for a one night stay. The hotel appears to be a rambling 1960s motel which has been refurbished. Accommodation is on wings built on concrete columns, and some are a long walk from Reception. Room 217 has been refurbished to a good standard, but paint flaking off one wall spoilt first impressions. The Receptionist was friendly and efficient,. She warned me that the chef had been taken ill and menu choice s would be limited, but I said I'd eat whatever they had. The complimentary drink was a nice touch, but the one cask ale was off and I had to make do with keg.

The staff managed to rustle up a small portion of very tasty pork belly followed by an equally tasty cheesecake. When I wanted to put the meal on my room tab, the waiter asked me for the white cad that the Receptionist should have given me to show that she'd taken my credit card details for additional expenses. She didn't, even though I'd said I was going to eat, so I had to take my bill to Reception to pay. Only a small matter, I know, but poor communication. The hotel is in an isolated position, so there's nowhere else within walking distance to eat.

The room was cold when I went back,, and the radiator was cold. I checked the valve and it was fully open. The window couldn't be fully shut and a cold draught was blowing. Reception said they thought the heating would be on in an hour. What hotel would put the heating on when guests are going to bed? An apology was followed by the quick delivery of my fan heater, which warned the room enough to get my kit off without feeling like Scott of the Antarctic. Still no heating the next morning, so the fan heater saved the day again.

A buffet breakfast is served in the dining room. Hot food was being brought from the kitchen, presumably because so few guests were staying. (I seem to have struck lucky and missed the coach tours). I ordered a full English, but the waitress brought it out when I'd just started to eat cereal. She needs reminding to wait until a course is finished before bringing the next.

My sat nav brought me the back way in along a potholed road, and at first I thought I'd taken a wrong turn. The hotel's design is off putting from the outside, but it is far better inside.

This is an OK hotel, which could be improved by a little staff training and some snagging on the refurb.

Room Tip: Guests with limited mobility should ask for rooms near Reception.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Very poor would not recommend staying here. Staff not very helpful and the food not upto much. Needs drastic refurbishment. It boasts it has a gym and sauna but is very outdated. Drinks are overpriced. Hotel charges £89 a night spend £10 more and you can get a better hotel

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Markytaylor
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A super place to stay, room lovely and decor - bathroom splendid and one that we wish all hotels had!

Restaurant - car very and salad available- and food good- very busy as other coach loads were there!

Staff very hard working especially in restaurant, but also found time to help and give assistance.

This hotel was centrally located and therefore ease of getting around area.

Would not hesitate to go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for lower room and only basement was available- plus though we had a really lovely room in w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Quality Hotel Leeds Selby Fork.
Great to read that you enjoyed our hotel`s facilities and found my team friendly and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Days Inn Wetherby
Days Inn Wetherby
#2 of 3 in Wetherby
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

Been to South Milford Hotel? Share your experiences!