“groupon gift half day”

York Bird of Prey Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Huby
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: York Bird Of Prey Centre is home to over 80 Stunning Birds Of Prey. Including owls, vultures, hawks, falcons and even eagles! We pride ourselves on giving a HANDS ON EXPERIENCE here so we have an exciting daily program which includes flying demonstrations, regular educational talks, and the opportunity to handle our birds throughout the day. We offer one to one experience packages which gives customers an experience they will never forget, we are also available for outside events such as school visits, weddings and other functions. Sponsorship packages are also available for all of our birds, and we do run several special events throughout the season such as car shows, and photography days! Check out our website for further details! Please note we are disabled accessible, we have an onsite cafe serving cold food and hot drinks, unfortunately dogs are not allowed on site. We are also closed on Tuesdays and would also close in severe rain and wind. Please contact us for any further information!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 14 November 2013

what a wonderful time at the bird centre. Learned so much, and handling the beautiful birds was a privilege. The head falconer George, and Andrew were marvellous, and made us so welcome. The golden Eagle was an exciting experience, as well as the owls and hawks. So good, I will revisit, and am buying vouchers for Christmas presents. we cannot speak too highly of the staff, they care so much for the birds, which are scrupulously clean, and well cared for. Fantastic experience for everyone.

4  Thank pauline n

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Note: First, it is currently only open on weekends. Check the website. Also, public transit gets you close but the remaining 1.8 miles is tough to actually walk. We were grateful to folks from the center for coming to pick us up from the bus stop. Talks may be happening to get public transit closer to the center itself.

It was an amazing experience. We did the 'Owl Experience' and after a flying show with an owl (who was too fat to fly) and a hungry (and thus flying) hawk (which was actually an eagle), we got to see a 'kite' and a falcon do their thing. The 'owl experience' then started where we saw all their owls and heard about them. In total, I held 4 different owls and got to pet them while holding the massive, powerful hawk/eagle (but not petting him, because they will playfully rip off flesh). They are cute, intricate, amazing creature filled with personality. The staff their is knowledgeable and clearly loves the birds. It is great fun.

2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and daughter and myself recently the York Bird Of Prey Centre. It was a wonderful day out. e had the chance to get close to many fantastic birds and even had a good number of them perched on our hands. The also saw a demonstration of owl and hawks flying. It was a great experience

1  Thank Pete B
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband myself and my 2year old were all geared up to see the birds of prey, given the rave reviews we were,all excited. Very dissapointed to learn after the 1.5hr travel time negotiating all the country roads that it was closed on weekdays. One chap to whom we are thankful for trying did try to get us in to see the birds but unfortunately knocked back by managment due to it being muddy and unsafe. I must say I am a tad annoyed that this useful information wasnt given on trip advisor( I rechecked on leaving). The tel no provided is also coming up as incorrect.

9  Thank Shugufta S
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My children (3 & 5 yrs) love this place. We went in 2012 and returned to the new location in 2013. The staff were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very welcoming. The guys that do the show in the afternoon were very funny and got children in the crowd involved. We took some fantastic photos of the owls and other birds with our children holding them on the leather gloves.

1  Thank Summyone