“Local pub for local farmers”
Review of The Hunters Inn

The Hunters Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Huby
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Unfortunately the Hunters hasn't kept up with the pubs in the surrounding district. When I visited for the first time in 15 years this month, it was as if I hadn't been away.

The staff are OK, but not really that keen, the beers on offer are a bit limited, and the seating is really poor, and the regulars will usually give you an odd look.

If you are looking for a local pub near Huby, stick with the White Hart in Pool

Definitely a local pub for local farmers only

7  Thank michaelmoulsdale

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Went here for Sunday lunch with 6 other members of my family. When I got to the bar the bar women was serving a gentleman & as I was waiting a women walked in with her family. Once the barmaid had served the man she shouted over to the women who was still at the table seating her family "do you want drinks Kelly" totally ignoring me & served her regular customer, if the rest of my party had not of already got drinks I would of walked out then.
We ordered our lunches 4 of us got beef & 3 got turkey. We had quite a wait for our food & were told twice it wont be long. The veg came out in bowls first & was steaming hot then followed the roasts on plates. The beef was very thick but was still quite pink & bloody but only on one side like it had been pan fried. The yorkshires were rock hard & dried out & the roast potatoes were black and also dried out. When we asked if they could change them we were told sorry there were no more left. The staff were accommodating though when we asked for stake knives to be able to cut the yorkshires, roasted potatoes & beef !
We leaft so much of our lunches as the only parts we could eat were the veggies.
We will not be returning here

12  Thank Noncomplainer L
Reviewed 29 September 2013

went here on a lovely sunny sunday for a drink nice pub nice staff my wife likes the décor here and that it is a friendly pub where you can relax and look at the countryside

1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Had lunch here, lovely friendly greeting from staff, the place was cold and chilly, unfortunately the weather had turned wet and windy and the big log fire would have been a real bonus had it been lit......But with lunch ordered we sat in the snug area which has a settee and three tables in, away from the TV and pool table....Limited tables to sit to eat at, but a cosy environment...and I am sure will have a wonderful atmosphere with a roaring fire going....
We ordered Roast beef and onion baguette with chips and a Tuna Mayo sandwich with chips....
Both were good sized meals and freshly made....good prices and a reasonable choice of menu.......saw the couple across the way, who had ordered turkey and leek pie, which looked brilliant...this will be my choice on my next visit....
The staff were attentive and checked to see everything was ok.....by the time we left it had quite a lot more visitors dining.....it's location means it is quite dependant on tourists and passing traffic......plenty of parking at the front and side with a large outside seating area.....no sheltered area for those that smoke....well worth a visit if passing through...will visit again.....relaxed pleasant environment...no blaring music....

4  Thank babe33
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Situated on the Bradford/Harrogate road just before Huby, this pub offers guest beers, sandwiches and snacks. It is a favourite haunt of both motorists and Bikers alike, and when the weather is nice it always seems to be full in the outdoor seating areas, well worth paying a visit if you've not been before.

1  Thank dnowland_12