“Excellent clean hotel”

Best Western Burn Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Huby
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I bought a groupon deal , which was great value for money, the hotel was clean, plenty of room, staff were lovely , food was excellent,the grounds in the hotel where nicely kept and I will be going back again

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank deborahgibson

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel 9th and 10th July.
Lovely room lovely food very polite staff beautiful grounds all in all a very nice couple of days will be booking again.
Bird of prey centre is in the grounds best £6.50 i've every spent.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked a 2 night break bed & breakfast and dinner on the first night via superbreak.
I rang the hotel to change the dinner to the 2nd night as we would be arriving late, the receptionist said no problem. The room was adequate bed was small and rock hard and the pillows really thin. I had to roll up a towel to put under my pillow to give it some height.
The hotel is ideally placed for visiting York I recommend the park and ride just off the A19 and the North York Moors. The food was excellent. The only problem was the shower which became a trickle of cold water on one occasion. The free wi-fi throughout the hotel was a bonus.
When we came to check out they tried to charge me for the dinner and I had to explain that I had changed the night on the phone.

1  Thank buffalo478
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel on the groupon 2 day stay on the 9th and 10th July 2014. The check in was friendly and fast as we arrived. The room was clean, bed comfortable and grounds nice for a relaxing sit. The evening meal we had as part of the deal was lovely. Lots of choice for myself who is gluten intolerant. Breakfast was plentiful on the first morning and nicely cooked. The evening meal on the second day was a complete disaster for me. The room bar meals menu gave several gluten free options which was fabulous lots of choice. Only when we got to order there became a problem. As someone who is made very I'll if I eat anything containing gluten I am always worried when eating away from home. I asked if my gluten free choice from the menu, gammon, chips mushroom and tomato, was gluten free I was told that it was except for the side order of onion rings I'd ordered. On the menu it said they were. Cancelled the onion rings. I was then uneasy about the rest of the order. I asked if the chips were gluten free. No, even though it said on the menu. I was offered a jacket potato. I was then told after 5 minutes they couldn't do jacket potato, I was offered boiled potato. Then I was told no gammon. They did manage to get me a gammon but when it arrived it had non gluten free chips all over it. They took it back. I was at one stage offered fried fish...non gluten free. In the end I asked for anything they could do that was gluten free. I had lettuce and grilled fish with several parmesan cheese on. I was very disappointed, and hungry. The waiting and bar staff were made aware of our disappointment. We also told them that the menus in the rooms claimed food was gluten free and if we had taken it at face value, I would have been made I'll for several weeks. For pudding I asked for the lovely dish of ice cream, with a nice sauce and mixed berries I had had the night before. It arrived as 2 small scoops of ice cream, 3 blueberries, a strawberry and a couple of red currents. I am not exaggerating on this. Again very disappointed as the evening before the pudding offered a plentiful dish of fruits. The following morning at breakfast it was the same quality of food except for the fact we now had much smaller plates to eat off, little more than a side plate. We did inform the reception staff about the room menu problem. My in-Laws ordered a morning paper for both mornings, the first morning it arrived around 10am, the second morning not at all.
I am sure most people would have a fabulous experience generally, but for me a huge cloud was cast with the meal farce.

2  Thank Sherakapod
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed Thursday 3rd July using a Groupon voucher for one night, dinner, bed and breakfast.
The offer was definitely worth it. The old part of the hall is gorgeous however we stayed in the new addition which was very corporate. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable however the pillows were thin so I didn't sleep very well. I should really have asked for another pillow. The evening meal and breakfast was yummy and the staff were polite, pleasant and attentive. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank alif69
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned following a 2 day break at Burn Hall. We were welcomed warmly on arrival. We arrived early and room wasn't ready but we were able to leave our luggage and enjoy the sun in the garden. We had a lovely lunch attended to by very pleasant waitress. A minor hiccup with room not being fully serviced was resolved swiftly by reception staff and we were quickly given keys for another room. Spacious room, clean and looking out over garden. Dinner was very tasty again attentive staff at dinner and again for breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxing break in quiet surroundings. Approx 10miles from York.

2  Thank Kebab40
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just got back from Burn Hall and I can thoroughly recommend it , everything was great from the friendly and efficient staff to the rooms which although on the small side were spotlessly clean and quiet and had all you need for a weekend away . We ate dinner there and the 3 course meal was fantastic , the wine was fairly priced and the atmosphere was very good ,we cleared our plates so that is a good sign of well cooked food. The grounds and upkeep of the hotel were a credit to the staff and I think it is great value for money and we will go back again when we visit that area of the country.

7  Thank margaret b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huby
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Kimberley Hotel
Kimberley Hotel
#7 of 30 in Harrogate
Golden Fleece Hotel

Been to Best Western Burn Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!