“Excellent Stay!”
Review of The Old Stables

The Old Stables
The Old Stables
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Excellent room, service and food. The owner recommended an excellent place for an evening meal and cooked a brilliant breakfast in the morning. The Old Stables also have the best showers ever! Would book again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Old Stables

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at The Old Stables. Managed to find it in the snow, and was given a very warm welcome by Amanda.
Room was nice and warm, clean and extremely comfortable. Big difference from a premier in where you spend half the night trying to get the heating to work.
Breakfast excellent.
Would return and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed for two nights, excellent welcome from Amanda. Very comfortable beds 6ft: very clean well decorated room. fresh milk and full Tea/Coffee facilities. The en-suite facilites also excellent, and a fresh cooked breakfast to 'die' for.

Room Tip: All rooms on ground floor, very quite and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here on business for a day and was very happy I chose it. If I were staying in the area for a leisure break I would put this on my list. It is spotlessly clean, very comfortable, has a large bed (6ft wide I guess) in a good sized room, shower is great and it is in a wet room. Amanda (owner) made me very welcome and was around to check me in at 7:30 in the evening. I think you can arrive later than some websites suggest. Breakfast is good, full English, fruit, cereal etc. Place to park your car. At night there is no noise at all and I slept like a log. I can’t pick a fault with it and I have been travelling on business for well over 10 years.

Room Tip: My room was the second from the right if you are standing in the garden. No idea if all the rooms a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ACHALL
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Have just returned from two nights at the Old Stables in Walesby. Very comfortable king size (6 ft) bed, flat screen TV and good size wet room/WC. Nice touches in the room like home made shortbread and fresh milk on arrival, and Amanda was a great hostess, trying to make sure your stay was as enjoyable as possible. She advised us on somewhere local for dinner (the Old Barn Inn at Tealby) which was just 2 1/2 miles away and very good. She also noticed a bottle of wine in our room and while we were out on the second day put some wine glasses in the room which we really appreciated. There is also a seating area outside the rooms to sit in the sun and read a book.

Breakfast was very good, and apart from cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit and juices, included a good cooked breakfast and toasts and jams. I can thoroughly recommend her creamy scrambled eggs which are delicious!

This is a new business and I think the only things missing from our room were a shelf in the bathroom for your toiletries, a hairdryer and possibly a second mirror in the bedroom (there's a good one in the bathroom but does get very steamed up when two people use the shower), but these are very minor gripes.

I think this B&B represents excellent value for money and is well worth a visit if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HertsJenny
Reviewed 9 July 2012

As small tour providers, we stay at many accommodations all over the UK both for business and pleasure. We were seeking a few quiet days off in the country and the Old Stables really fit the bill! We almost felt like part of the family as we settled into our room which was built into the old stables on the property. From the very warm welcome we had upon arriving to our last breakfast before departure, everything was perfect. The room had a well appointed ensuite and very comfortable bed which was very much appreciated. We were given wonderful information on the area and very good selections for eating out. They have not been in business very long but I asked them not to change anything as they were getting everything right! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
#16 of 18 in Market Rasen
The March Hare
The March Hare
#4 of 18 in Market Rasen

Been to The Old Stables? Share your experiences!