“Always a good day out!”

Market Rasen Racecourse
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseracing throughout the year - fantastic jump racing in a beautiful setting. Varied fixture list with plenty of weekends to chose from, and everything from Family Fundays, Ladies Days to Music Nights, all with exciting racing too. We also have a Caravan Club Affiliated Site, and a 9 hole pay & play Golf Course.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Whenever I am in the UK and Market Rasen Races are on I try to go to the meeting! Boxing Day is the best day there. It can be a family day out as they have entertainment for children.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having been used to Towcester Racecourse it came as a surprise to pay for entry (we were spoilt of course) However this is a class course with helpful and friendly staff, The organisation is effective and booking on line is easy and cost efficient. The description of Mama J s restaurant may put people off, but this is a marketing flaw by Compass and should not reflect on this fun on course racing eatery, We elected to use the County Enclosure which was very comfortable and child free, however children are well catered for across this family friendly course.

All in all well worth a visit and a flutter. My wife hardly spoke so I knew she was having a good time! The tranquillity made it good for me as well.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

my 12 year old daughter was desperate to see mcfly at rasen rocks so i took her and her friend and my 8 year old daughter as well. we spent the afternoon watching the races which was good fun for me and my younger daughter, but my other daughter and her friend spent 6 hours queuing up to get the a spot by the stage. at 8pm they sprinted to get to front which they did, while we walked over calmley. i then spent the next 3 hours with my daughter on my shoulders enjoying the music. at they end we all met up and went home. my daughters said it was the best day ever. my 12 year old spent most of the journey home crying as she was missing mcfly!! i felt like crying because my shoulders ached so much!!!

2  Thank HatterWilko
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This racecourse is absolutely brilliant and they have a lot on there is point to point and ordinary racing as well the people have been friendly when we have been no drawbacks

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a very pretty little course within walking distance of the town centre. However, it was rather expensive - over £20 entry (think it was £22 each). Once in, there were lots of bars and food outlets. The view of the course was great - see everything! The care and attention to horse welfare is second to none. We had the misfortune to see a horse fsll at the last and the green screens were straight up. After 10-15 minutes, to the relief of all, the horse appeared, winded but not wounded - a great sight. But the fact that the screens and the vets took immediate action proved they care!

1  Thank ginmonkey