My wife and I stayed as we were visiting to take part in a Falconry day in the grounds of the hotel.
What we liked:
- Views - The hotel is set in some beautiful grounds, we enjoyed sitting outside the huntsman's lodge with a cold drink taking in the scenery (it helped that it was a nice weekend).
- Food - The food was exceptional, we stayed for an evening meal on the Saturday and enjoyed breakfast and lunch the following day. Some of the nicest food we've shared together.
- Accommodation - The room was very clean and had all of the amenities we needed.
- Reception Staff - Very welcoming and helpful.
What we feel could be improved:
- Restaurant Organisation - We visited the Huntsman's Lodge for Dinner on Saturday and Lunch on Sunday. On both occasions we found things to be somewhat disorganised. As an example, the sign asking you to wait to be seated... We waited 10 minutes and gave up simply walking in and finding a seat, we they had to approach the bar to find we were sitting in the wrong area and had to move, our food order was scribbled on the side of a seating chart and we were never offered additional drinks as the courses came out etc. This was repeated on the Sunday when they struggled to find a table for the 3 of us attending the Falconry day despite being booked in, we were asked to squeeze onto a small 2 seater table and looking quite put out when we explained that wouldn't work for us.
Overall, I'm nit picking - We had a very positive experience at the hotel and look forward to returning and taking part in some of the other activities available. I think if they can resolve the organisation issues in the restaurant, it would have topped the weekend off perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 1400 acre estate, this 4 star hotel overlooks its own stunning lake, offers excellent conference and meeting facilities as well as offering a wide range of activities including shooting, Land Rover off-road driving, archery, falconry and fishing. An independent hotel owned by the Bannister family who pride themselves on the friendly and welcoming team across the hotel and the estate. Guests are at the centre of all the major developments decisions made at the hotel. The hotel hosts many weddings and specialises in both leisure breaks as well as corporate packages. A dedicated conference and events manager will work with event organisers to help you combine enjoyable on-site activities such as team building. The hotel works with many of the north of England's leading companies and will prepare a proposal or quotation at any time. If it is a reward or recognition event you are planning then we have plenty of ideas to theme a room or dinner to best set the scene. The Coniston also hosts many other events, large and small from weddings, family celebrations to charity days. The hotel has 71 bedrooms and has the very popular Huntsman's lodge with its panoramic views over the lake and beyond. This restaurant serves food all day from morning coffee, traditional lunch, afternoon tea to dinner in the evening. Free WiFi throughout, makes it an ideal meeting place on the A65 between Skipton and Settle. Shooting at The Coniston Hotel -The clay pigeon shooting ground is a CPSA Premier status and is one of the best in Europe. Absolute beginners to seasoned shooters can have a day to remember. The Land Rover Experience offers a truly exhilarating experience; guests can get to grips with one of the latest specification brand new fleet and tackle some of the most challenging terrain. We also have the Falconry centre and fantastic fishing on the lake or the river Aire. It also has walking and cycling trials for guests to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coniston Hotel Skipton
- The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa Coniston Cold, Yorkshire