2,301 results
All reviews luxury room clay pigeon shooting lake view falconry centre falconry experience yorkshire dales wedding guests classic room wedding venue steam room afternoon tea evening meal log fire relaxing break fabulous hotel birthday treat yorkshire breakfast
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I love it here, this was the third time we have used the Spa and Lunch Package where you get a two course meal and access to the Spa. The facilities are amazing and the food is healthy and filling. The staff are really polite and look after you through out.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on the 5th and 6th of January 2017. We went to celebrate my husbands birthday and try the shooting ground out. The hotel room was comfortable and clean with enough space inside and a terrace outside, which would be lovely in summer. We ate in both resteraunts and the food was delicious, fresh and perfectly cooked. As foodies we both appreciated the effort the kitchen put in. All the staff were lovely, professional and friendly. I had a treatment in the Spa (which is fabulous!) and it was one of the best I've had. However the star of the show for us was the world class clay pigeon shooting ground. We shot on all 3 days and decided to include a lesson, which, although expensive, was worth every penny. The marvellous Charles gave us some great advice which really helped. I would give the whole experience more than 5 stars if I could

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Our party of 11 stayed on Saturday 17th December - one of the busiest nights of the year - and yet the professionalism with which this hotel is run shone through. From booking many months ago, to checking out the staff were helpful and lovely to communicate with and made out stay and meal extra special. The spa was superb and enjoyed by all, including my First Timer fella, who is now a Spa Convert! Food at dinner and breakfast was excellent with good service even under extreme pressure of numbers. I am hoping to return with my fella sometime during the year for a more personal break. because we loved this hotel so much. Thank you !

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Our 2 night stay at Coniston lived up to it's usual amazing standard. Warm welcomes, staff who are eager to please, meals which are extremely enjoyable beautifully served and a wonderful setting in which to relax and usually manage to meet 'old' friends. What better format for a birthday break. Thank you to you all for making it a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
LBolton, Manager at The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Coniston Hotel and for choosing the Hotel & Estate to celebrate your birthday - congratulations once again! Our team take great pride in delivering exceptional experiences and I am thrilled that they helped create great memories of your celebration. I will be sure to share your lovely comments with all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for the next occasion soon.

Best wishes

Louise Bolton

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I booked a mini break and spa experience as a gift for my partner for Christmas. We stayed last Saturday (7th Jan 2017). WOW!! far exceeded our expectations.

On first arriving at the resort I was a little worried that I would feel out of place, my fears quickly vanished. The staff were very welcoming and extremely friendly. We were made to feel welcome from the minute we arrived to the moment we left.

The room was very comfy (room 34) although very warm, so we turned the heating down. We had booked to eat in the Huntsman lodge however as an extra special treat my partner cancelled this reservation and booked us into Macleods Restaurant instead. I plan on writing a review of the restaurant experience separately but for purposes of this review I would say, Excellent and well worth spending a few extra pound.

we checked in to the resort early evening so we decided to leave the gym until the morning and just used the Spa facilities. The outdoor infinity pool was terrific. As was the Himalayan Salt Sauna. We had a lovely evening and retired to bed around midnight. The Room was very quiet and we didn’t hear any other guests. The bed was comfy enough but I could have done with another pillow. I know this would have been provided if I had asked, but it wasn’t until the early hours that I realised the pillows were very soft and I didn’t think it was appropriate to ask at that time in a morning.

Breakfast was included in the booking and was served in the restaurant. There was a great choice on offer, cereal, fruit and yoghurt, cooked breakfast, fish or continental. My partner had the Traditional Yorkshire cooked breakfast and I had a Yorkshire breakfast (Meat free) but asked if I could possibly have some spinach with my breakfast (not offered on the breakfast menu) as I eat that every day at home. I was delighted to see Spinach on my plate when my breakfast arrived.

We checked out after breakfast and went over to the gym and spa complex as we had booked a couples spa day with full body massages and 2 course lunch at Nourish. The gym is small but well equipped with state of the art equipment. Shame I forgot my headphones though. After the gym we made use of the spa facilities including bathrobes and flip flops. Until our reserved lunch time. We had two course meal at Nourish which was beautiful and definitely my kind of food as I am currently on the Slimming World Plan. My partner had a 3 course meal as he added a chocolate brownie and chocolate sauce to his choices. The food was fantastic and we struggled to make a choice for each course as there was so many fantastic options. At 3pm we headed for our ‘Couple’s massage’ one word HEAVENLY !!! This was our first visit to Coniston Hall, but we have driven past may times while walking in the Yorkshire Dales. We will definitely be booking again for later in the year. Neither myself not my partner could believe how relaxed we felt on the drive home last night, albeit a little sad we had to leave.

Room Tip: Room 34 is near the spa and away from the resturant and bar, so very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple