“A tad short of excellent!”
Review of Huntsman's Lodge

Huntsman's Lodge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I reserved a table for my husband & me while staying in the area. I think that my expectations may have been a little on the high side. The restaurant itself was nice & clean, furnished well & looked appealing. However, the first thing to concern me was seeing a dog sat under a diners table. I do not dislike dogs, but feel that they do not belong in places such as restaurants, hotel bedrooms, etc. The waiting staff were very friendly & attentive. My husband enjoyed his beef burger with all the usual trimmings & I enjoyed my rib-eye steak. I was offered a sauce with my steak, but I made the mistake of declining. The sauce would have added a little moisture to the steak. Although the steak was not tough it was a little dry. For dessert my husband enjoyed a lemon parfait & I enjoyed a lovely sticky toffee pudding. Had it not been for the fact that dogs are allowed in the restaurant & the slightly dry steak I would have awarded 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during a business trip and wanted to have a casual dinner. We were advised to try this one with a great view from the other restaurants within the hotel. We were seated without a reservation during a weekday. The service was flawless. Food was delicious yet simple. They even have meat free and gluten free dishes as well. No worries, you can find something you will like. Interior was cozy, with a huge fireplace in the middle of the dining area. The beautiful view towards the lake and hills will make your jaw drop and want to return. Wonderful dining experience. Pricewise it's on the mid higher level, worth it.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Well worth a visit, the location and view is wonderful, food is simple and tasty with a good selection of Beers & Ales.
A bonus is the acceptance of Dogs

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Afternoon tea was lovely, however evening meal was even better, good value and the whole team was so attentive that it makes all the difference.............well done to the whole team

1  Thank jewelynn2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I visited the restaurant for the first time with a large number of my family to celebrate a family birthday. We had travelled a long way to celebrate and was really looking forward to a great meal. The view of the lake was amazing .
But sadly that was the best part.
The service was good however the food was definitely not worth the money we paid, the fish was bland, my steak was very fatty and the rabbit pie was dry. We didn’t get everything we ordered and had to ask for the sauces and side dishes which had been forgotten. This restaurant charges similar prices to restaurants such as Whatley Manor but definitely was not up to their standards. I have eaten at many restaurants in the Dales but I will not return to this one.