“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marsham
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We camped nearby for a weekend when visiting relatives and ate here on both nights. Really friendly staff and fab food. Good menu and interesting specials board. I had monkfish one night and sea bass the next - both perfectly cooked. Nice rioja to drink and the husband was happy to find Adnams. Would definitely eat here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevonWoolf

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels/inns over the last few months and I have to say that this is without doubt the best I have found. Staff friendly, room spotlessly clean with ample space and then there's the food. All I can say is that the cook should apply for Masterchef! I had the 'Roast Red Pepper Soup' followed by the special lamb dish. Absolutely perfect and exceptional value for money.
Do yourself a favour. If you're wanting a good place to stay near Norwich, look no further, you won't get better than this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Helen W
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was the second time we've stayed here... both times as a getaway treat...and what a treat it is. The owners Roger & Val are so attentive & welcoming, it was a pleasure to go back and be remembered. We arrived just as a busy Sunday lunch service was coming to an end but the check in was efficient and welcoming. We were shown to our room and was delighted to have been given the same room as our previous stay, room 7 at the rear, a beautiful spacious room with en suite bath & shower and an amazing mirror with lighting, (as a woman that impresses me!) A cream tea in the pretty outdoor seating area was followed by a walk around the lovely quiet village of Marsham. Dinner was excellent.... cooked to perfection...it was so relaxing... 3 courses with wine plus liqueurs and coffee went down a treat. All in all we couldn't recommend this inn highly enough....no it isn't 'cheap' but what price quality!....in our opinion you get what you pay for...anywhere!!...So thank You Roger,Val & all your staff for a wonderful stay we'll be back!.

Room Tip: room 7 is at the rear slight noise from kitchen fan if windows are open but not enough to spoil your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila150
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Before staying I thought £95.00 was rather expensive for a night in a pub, however, the reviews I read when compared to other nearby hotels and guest houses convinced me to book and I am glad to say I wasn't disappointed.

After checking-in at the bar I was directed to a separate door which allowed me to unload without trudging back and forward through the bar. The rooms are on the first floor and it was noticeable how well the design of the building was fully utilised to provide good sized rooms.

The room allocated to my wife and I was spacious and well equipped including a correctly sited mirror which my wife decrees is one of the most essential requirements. There was plenty of drawer and hanging space and an ensuite toilet and shower.

At the bottom of the staircase there was a door directly into the dining room which connected with the bar. The bar itself was furnished with both couches and armchairs and provided a refuge to enjoy a final after breakfast cup of tea.

Dinner was excellent and the breakfast menu offered a perfectly adequate choice. It was obvious that the quality of the food was first rate and that everything was well cooked and presented.

Next time that I am down visiting nearby Blickling Hall or the National Trust Conservation centre I most certainly will be booking my stay at the Plough Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank keith_the_scot
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night over the weekend and we couldn't have been happier with our choice.
Every member of staff was charming and friendly without being too "in your face"

The room was spacious and comfortable, a little old fashioned in style but had everything we needed. We were at the front of the hotel and there was some road noise as we had the windows open but didn't disturb us too much.

The food was fantastic- so much choice. Would go again just for the food!

Thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank elsieroe
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Went for a couple of "bears" in this Norfolk pub, good "bear", very attractive attentive professional bar staff, even a TV in the bar ! ;)
Have eaten here before many moons ago, apparently the chef has recently changed, heard good things about the restaurant since then.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed here on a Groupon deal costing less than £100 for 2 nights b&b.
Room was lovely, lots of space and clean functional bathroom.
We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night and the food was gorgeous, and fairly good value for the standard.
Breakfast was also delicious, cooked to order.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the bar area was a nice setting to relax.
Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
marshamplough, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. So glad you enjoyed your stay, hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Val Stock

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsham
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 7 in Cromer
The Pheasant Hotel
The Pheasant Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelling

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!