Stayed as a foursome for two nights on dinner B & B terms. Everything was right: a lovely house, nicely decorated; tea and cake on arrival each day; comfortable beds; log fires; and an excellent four-course dinner with good choice of wines. Mandy is a very welcoming host with exactly the right customer service approach. She remembered our names, chatted to us, offered a better wine at the same price when the one we wanted had run out, and provided goat's cheese on the second day for one of our party who could not eat cow's.
Dining is at a communal table, which was fine by us, and the evening meal was very good quality. The outdoor jacuzzi was an unusual feature for a British B&B, and we enjoyed using it in weak spring sunshine after our walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laskill House stands proudly in beautiful Bilsdale, 6 miles north of Helmsley, in the stunning North Yorkshire Moors National Park. It is surrounded by hills and open countryside which fringe the unique open moors. Traditionally built of Yorkshire stone in the seventies, Laskill has its own private spring water supply that runs down from the hillside - definitely worth a sample...Originally built as a private residence, it has now opened its doors as a contemporary Bed and Breakfast establishment whilst still retaining its rural charm. Open all year round for B&B, dinners, private dining and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Laskill Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laskill Country House Hotel Helmsley
- Laskill Country House Hawnby, North Yorkshire, UK