We spent two nights here but would quite happily have stayed for longer. We arrived Friday pm and were greeted warmly by Mandy, shown to our room and then asked what we would like to drink as it would be brought to us on the patio. The "room" was a treat, with separate bathroom and another shower room, oh and what a view! A cuppa on the terrace (with cake) and a lovely relaxed afternoon was enjoyed by both of us. We chose to eat out that evening, but booked to eat in for the Saturday night. Breakfast was full English and we shared a table with two other couples, a little different to the norm but a great way to meet other people especially in such a relaxed environment. We were encouraged to treat it like our home and to come and go as we wished during the day, so this took any pressure off us trying to keep ourselves busy and out of the way.
The evening meal on Saturday was lovely, nothing too fancy, but good wholesome food (Mandy describes herself as a cook not a chef). Again we ate with three other people, Australians this time (who didn't really want to talk about cricket). Once again a thoroughly enjoyable evening and different to what we might be used to. Another great nights sleep followed by breakfast and we were sadly on our way home. Would we recommend it to others, absolutely. Would we go again? Yes without any hesitation, that is if you can get in. Only four rooms available so book early. All the staff we met were very friendly and couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome. Even the handyman had time for a chat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laskill House stands proudly in beautiful Bilsdale, 6 miles north of Helmsley, in the stunning North Yorkshire Moors National Park. It is surrounded by hills and open countryside which fringe the unique open moors. Traditionally built of Yorkshire stone in the seventies, Laskill has its own private spring water supply that runs down from the hillside - definitely worth a sample...Originally built as a private residence, it has now opened its doors as a contemporary Bed and Breakfast establishment whilst still retaining its rural charm. Open all year round for B&B, dinners, private dining and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Laskill Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laskill Country House Hotel Helmsley
- Laskill Country House Hawnby, North Yorkshire, UK