Travellers Inn Mallory Park Hotel Leicester
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Badgers Mount Hotel(Elmesthorpe)
View Hotel
Mill on the Soar(Leicester)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Bosworth Hall Hotel & Spa(Market Bosworth)
  • Pool
Longshoot Hotel(Nuneaton)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We booked our suite room on the understanding that the rooms had been fully refurbished, each with a wirlpool bath. When we arrived we found that the wirlpool bath had sellotape over the holes, so was non exsistant. The rooms where dated and scruffy. The T.V. was anolog only, with a poor picture. The breakfast was over priced, as only had little food on offer. The staff where disorganised and not helpful.

The overall stay was poor, would not recommend to a friend and will not be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Booked into this place with some trepidation after reading reviews on this and other sites, but I needed a cheap night and at £39 it fitted the bill. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Sure, it wasn't 5 star luxury but it was clean and functional with plenty of room for a business traveller, a decent shower and most importantly plenty of coffee on the courtesy tray! The girl who checked me in was really friendly and smiley which makes a change from big chains. The only downside was the mattress which I think had seen better days, but it was reasonably comfy. If I was in the area again and on a budget, I'd give it another go.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Firstly and, to be fair to the hotel, the good points:

It was clean and tidy. It was cheap. It was warm. Plenty of hot water and a good shower, and the staff were friendly and courteous. Not a bad choice for a cheap room for the night, the negative points below notwithstanding.

The bad points:

Our room was next to the door to the corridor, which is a fire door. Every time someone used it, it slammed shut so hard that our room door rattled and woke us both up, as it sounded like someone was trying to get in to the room. This happened seemingly every 20 minutes throughout the night, and every 5 minutes from 6am onwards.

The bed had 2 thin pillows for a double room. My husband folded his in half, while I used a jumper under mine. There was tea and coffee in the room, but no milk. While the staff were friendly, courteous and smiling, trying to understand them and be understood was hard work, as none appeared to have a fluent command of English.

Don't bother with breakfast. They stop serving at 9am, which I'm sure would be fine mid-week but, on a Sunday morning, seemed ridiculously early. We opted for the 'Full English' at £7.50. For this, we received a weak pot of coffee, and the only fully deep-fried breakfast I've seen in well over a decade. Burned, deep fried bacon, deep fried cheap sausage, even deep fried mushrooms and tomatoes. All I can say is I was glad I was hungry! There was also yoghurt, cereal and organge juice on a self-service table with some dried-up bread, butter and jam and a toaster. Said toaster was plugged into the wall with a precariously dangling extension lead, one of the sockets of which was charred and warped. Being an electrical engineer draws your attention to certain things, and it was clear that none of the electrical appliances (and therefore probably fixed wiring) had been serviced or tested. It was sufficinetly worrying that I tried not to touch any metal parts, but couldn't get it to work anyway.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

a few friends and us stayed in this hotel last year and it was okay for a night. so we decided to all meet up again at same place. we booked 16 rooms. out of that at least 4 had no towels, which took hours to come and when they did they were as hard as cardboard and very small!. One room had dried poo on the toilet seat so they got moved, we had to go through a door that had been painted and it was still tacky, with no signs so i got paint on my hand. we were upgraded to a suite which in fairness was clean and had been painted and refurbished but the carpet was filthy and the door to the room only partly opened before hitting the bed!. We went into the bar which only sold lager!! they had no bottled anything or bitter. they said they were waiting for a delivery this was 6pm sat night. one of the barstaff went to a local shop and came back will a box of bud and grolsh . needless to say we
found another pub. unfortunately about 25 of us had booked to eat dinner in the indian restaurant in the hotel, they waited 1hr to get popadoms and another hour and half to get main course which arrived cold so they all up and left. was told that the restaurant was not part of the hotel as such. except for breakfast was hit and miss . We will not be going back.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Stayed away on business and had originally expected Comfort Inn, however, name had changed to Travellers Inn Mallory Park. Totally different experience. Indian cuisine for the restaurant, which was fabulous quality with knowledgable staff. As a business traveller, would thoroughly recommend hotel. However, rooms are basic, clean tidy and ensuite, not Premier Travel Inn standard, therefore may not be suited for romantic weekend. Fantastic overall value for money, will definately be informing business colleagues of venue and will stay if within 20 mile radius away on business.
Steve, Bristol.