“Excellent Value for Money”

Travellers Inn Mallory Park Hotel Leicester
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Earl Shilton
St Cleer, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for Money”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here with my son and his girlfriend for a weekend, while visiting family and were a little hesitant about booking at first due to the very cheap room rates:-) £29 per room per night. When we arrived we were immediatly given a free upgrad to a suite (my son wasn't - not happy!). Rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious (for price) with freeserve TV and free wi-fi, the furnishings in the bathroom are showing signs of ageing and the carpets are a little ill-fitting. The bar and breakfast area has, however, been recently re-furbished and is lovely. The cook (from Sweden) was excellet and extremely helpfull. Breakfast is great with delicious locally sourced sausages. The receptionest was also extremely helpfull. We will definately being staying again. Excellent value for money with no frills. Oh, nearly forgot to mention the free car park.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Huddersfield
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Needed a hotel for one night and called in to the hotel at 6.00pm on spec. we were offered a twin room with breakfast for a very reasonable price. The room was tired but clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and the shower had plenty of hot water although the water pressure was a bit low. Towels were soft and spotless. Breakfast was very good considering the price paid. Only downside was that the dustmen called at neighbouring properties at 5.00am and made quite a noise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Please don't be misled by all the attractive photos on Tripadvisor or booking sites - our room was nothing like any of them! We were promised a TV - there wasn't one, the tea and coffee making facilities were an ancient kettle which you had to switch on several times to reach boiling point - shame there was no tea/coffee/sugar or milk! Luckily we were able to buy them at the convenience store next door. There were no coathangers and no covers on the duvet (just a sheet above and below) but at least they were clean and the duvets looked new. The toilet bowl had lost most of its ceramic coating so it was hard to tell how clean it was and the sink plug, once closed wouldn't open again. The shower tray certainly wasn't clean and we had to wait ages for hot water to come through (and then it was almost impossible to control it when it did!) I don't know what sort of clientele this "hotel" attracts but they were very noisy in the corridor during the night. The "VIP" bar looked very impressive but it wasn't open for service the nigt we stayed. I would not definitely not recommend a stay here. On the plus side, the carpark is large and it is fairly cheap (we paid £35) but I would much rather pay £20 extra for the Premier Inn (which was unfortunately full)

Room Tip: The hotel has several suites - we didn't see inside one but they must be better than our very ba...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue B

Travellers are raving about these Earl Shilton hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Business trip, single room for £25, ticked all the boxes for me. Has recently been taken over and some upgrades are taking place. Wifi a bit intermittent but manageable.
Restricted bar and dining at present but once again this is being updated and improved.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights. I was told that the hotel had new owners and when I came to my room I saw the change ( stayed here a few years ago...not the same standard) clean sheets, clean room, what a surprise. They also served a continental breakfast which I enjoyed a lot. I meet the owners and the made me feel very welcome...I will definently stay here again when duty calls.

Room Tip: Chose one of the suites...it's worth the extra payment.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I arrived at this establishment to be told I could not have the room size i had booked (9 hours before) as they were busy and unfortunately the chef was off there was no breakfast available.
The room was ok, internet (free) worked well.
The bed was comfortable but I was awoken by the noise of guests until the early hours of the morning. At 4am I was awake and decided to leave the non-smoking hotel for a cig, to find the reception door (a fire exit) was locked and the door from the bar to the street (yes- another fire exit) was also locked. No-one was available to unlock the doors. I eventually find another fire exit at the rear of the restaurant and opened it to enjoy my smoke.
It is of concern that my room shows signs of smoking, cigarette burns on the carpet but all corridor fire doors are propped open with door stops. This place is a death trap and should be closed down, irrespective of showers which do not work and the poor quality of fittings etc.
I will provide the local authorities with the photos of the safety problems here and hope they prosecute. It may be cheap but it is not worth dying here.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank stevecastle64
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Old small hotel. Very good price. The staff where very helpful.
This is my 2:nd staying here. New owners. Very nice staff. Clean room. Good value.
I only paid £29 incl. I continental breakfast. Try the Italian restaurant. Very good food

Room Tip: Try to get comfort suite....very nice
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club
Holiday Inn Leicester
Holiday Inn Leicester
#10 of 40 in Leicester

Been to Travellers Inn Mallory Park Hotel Leicester? Share your experiences!