“High Class Dining in a Beautiful Village”

The Wife of Bath Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wife of Bath Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wye
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Wife of Bath in Wye, set in the heart of The Garden of England, is owned and operated by Mark Sargeant, ex-right hand man to Gordon Ramsay and owner of multi-award winning Rocksalt Restaurant, Bar and Rooms in Wye. Featuring 5 beautiful guest rooms which perfectly compliment the stunning 60 cover restaurant and adjoining bar area and serving Northern Spanish inspired menus created using the best local and seasonal produce from the surrounding area.
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

My wife took me for my birthday meal in September. I found the place to be very high class. Posh dining on my doorstep! The staff are very welcoming & professional, the meals are almost artistic and the location is surrounded by the best scenery Kent has to offer. Recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018
FOHTeam, Manager at The Wife of Bath Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review, we will pass your comments on to the team and we sincerely hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely quiet restaurant. Lit by candles good tasty food in quiet Kent village. Would highly recommend. Have been there x3 now. Perfect for a couple or with friends

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had an excellent time there, the staff was friendly and very helpful, the place was also very pleasant. My only criticism was that there wasn't many vegetables with the cod, as they were more like a soup.

Date of visit: October 2018

Many thanks for your lovely review, we will pass your comments on to the team and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

After a meeting in Kent I needed a quick overnight stay & hate budget hotels. I stumbled across The Wife of Bath on local recommendation. My room was a converted cottage & it was presented in a very lovely boutique hotel style. The price was also reasonable.
Restaurant simply first class. Service superb start to finish in all aspects

Date of visit: October 2018
FOHTeam, Manager at The Wife of Bath Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Last week my husband and I visited The Wife of Bath.

Not a ‘tapas’ fan he wanted to eat in the restaurant- (having visited 6 weeks earlier with a girlfriend I knew how good the tapas was) so I suggested we had both!

We were warmly greeted by a lady behind the bar - she remembered my friend and I from last time and we introduced ourselves.

Not only did Aly, remember me, but also the wines and food my friend and I had, taking time to recommend things she also felt we’d like. Fabulous service!

So with our drinks chosen, we sat at the bar for some great tapas (husband now converted!) then through to the restaurant for two amazing courses! The iberico pork was astonishingly good!

Totally recommend! - great food and great knowledgeable service (thank you Aly!)- we will definitely be back!

1  Thank LLL75

Many thanks for your lovely review, we will pass your comments on to the team(especially Aly) and we sincerely hope to see you again soon!