If you're after a cheap bed for the night in a very pretty area, the Roebuck Inn is definitely work considering. Our room (to the left of the main inn in an annexe) was much larger than average and would be ideal for people with accessibility needs as the bathroom is enormous and fitted with all the usual aids. Unfortunately, The finish is definitely not what you would call 'luxury' and all round could do with a bit of TLC, but for the price, is perfectly reasonable. The walls are very thin and we could easily hear our 'neighbours' conversations, and although we were lucky, I can imagine this would be very disruptive if you happened to be staying next to someone noisy.
The real downside of our stay was unfortunately breakfast. Despite there only being one other couple in the restaurant, staff were slow to realise we were even there, and when we did get served our 'full english' was very disappointing. The teacups were dirty, beans obviously reheated, bacon barely cooked and floppy with white lumps stuck to it (I assume microwaved?) and mushrooms tasted like the bottom of a burnt grill pan. I have eaten many a mediocre breakfast in my backpacking days but this has to be one of the worst, and I had to leave most of it.
All round, if you're in the area and needing a cheap place to stay for the night, you could do a lot worse than the Roebuck Inn, but avoid a cooked breakfast and stick to the cereals and toast unless you have a very strong stomach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn short distance from leeds castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Roebuck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Roebuck Hotel Harrietsham
- The Roebuck Inn Harrietsham, Kent