“Quiet Spot to Relax”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadlow
Shoreham-by-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet Spot to Relax”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

What a place to stay...Brilliant staff, service and food. Will definitely be returning here at the earliest opportunity. On the A26 but set away and gives the impression of seclusion and private. The breakfast is fantastic, as is Lyn, who serves it to you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here during Sept 2013 driving through Kent. As a family of four it was a nice stay but not near a standard I was perhaps hoping for. The room itself was nice and large for our family but quite dated. The views off the window were very nice. Customer service level was average as several times no one was at the front counter when I went past. The food for breakfast was very good. I gave this hotel a 4/5 as it I guess lacked being great? Anyways a nice pit stop if that is all you need.

Room Tip: We were located on the first floor which was ok if you don't mind lugging your suitcases upstair...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had our wedding reception here in June 2013 in the Garden Room. It was the perfect setting for a wedding and the room was set up beautifully, and comfortably accommodated our 60 guests. We were lucky to have a sunny day so had our photographs and pre-dinner drinks on the lawn, which was just lovely. The wedding was brilliantly organised by Una, the co-ordinator and everything went very smoothly on the day, thanks to the duty manager and staff who were all friendly, happy, polite and accommodating of any requests and this continued into the evening. We had the honeymoon suite, which was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue as it is a beautiful setting, with fantastic staff and wonderful food too.
Sarah

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah A
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have just got back from taking a sports group of men from 18 - 80, what struck me from the moment we got there was that there was nothing that all the staff would not do to help. Right from the cheery welcome at breakfast to the send off last thing at night the hotel staff could not do enough for you. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds, the reception bar and main rooms are beautiful and this would be an ideal wedding/;party venue. We were a sports group and did not spend much time in the bedrooms, i had no problems with the room i was in, the linen was spotless and everything was cleaned very well. (a litlle bit of missing tile grouting does not bother me) The hotel were very flexible with putting extra beds into rooms for us, the only meal i had was breakfast which was excellent value,substantial and all freshly cooked. If you are looking to stay in the area, then dont miss out on the Hadlow Manor!

Room Tip: just talk to the staff, they are so accommodating
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were married at the Hadlow Manor Hotel in June 2013, and had use of the Garden Room, middle room and bar for the whole day and evening as well as a private walled garden for photographs (which we unfortunately couldn't use as the weather wasn't kind to us - however, it did look absolutely stunning). Our party for the wedding breakfast was only 20 and our Master of Ceremonies, Daniel, and his team set up the Garden Room absolutely beautifully with one long table which was decorated with items my (now) husband and I had chosen and with flowers supplied by Hadlow as part of the package. After the dinner the room was re-organised to accommodate 60 evening guests.

Firstly I have to say a massive thank you to Daniel for his calmness and professionalism both on the day and at our meeting before the event - I'm afraid I was a somewhat anxious bride! I shouldn't have wasted my energy being anxious, however, as everything was handled with the utmost care and consideration and the whole day was superb!

The food for our wedding breakfast was absolutely divine, served silver service which was an unexpected delight for our guests, and both the canapes after the ceremony and the buffet in the evening were of an extremely high quality. My son has a fish allergy and the kitchen, again led by Daniel, were extremely careful when serving the food to ensure no cross contamination occurred.

As a prospective bride it was important that the day went without a hitch, and really I had no idea what I was supposed to do to make this happen!! Daniel took complete control and was a superb Master of Ceremonies from the arrival of the wedding party early in the day right up until the last guest left at after 1 am (sorry about that, Daniel!).

The only slight criticism I have is that the breakfast the next morning for ourselves and our guests was a really disorganised affair. We had several guests who stayed overnight and it was really quite embarrassing the next morning to find that we were in the large function room, when we were under the impression that breakfast was served in the Garden Room, and that (at 9.00 am) there was nothing hot left to eat! The breakfast then started to arrive in bits and pieces, so nobody managed to get a full breakfast - it really was poor, and I know the hotel can do better as my husband and his best man stayed the night before the wedding and had a superb breakfast served to them in the Garden Room, not the cold, miserable buffet which we had to endure. Such a shame as everything else was perfect. We understand from Daniel - who was, yet again, on duty - that this was due to lack of staffing. However, the hotel must have know well in advance that there were two weddings at the venue on the same day and that overnight guests would all require breakfast!

We couldn't be happier with the venue and service we received from the Hadlow Manor Hotel and also send our thanks to Una, our wedding co-ordinator at Hadlow, for her help with the organisation of the ceremony and menu choices - it was all perfect!

We would recommend the Hadlow Manor, based on our wedding experience, to anyone wanting fine food and a marvellous Master of Ceremonies in Daniel.

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite with the four poster bed was beautiful, clean and welcoming.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda H
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just had my daughters wedding at hotel. Location of ceremony was dependant on weather. Hotel was happy to be flexible. Food was excellent and for a midweek wedding there were more than enough function staff. The garden room has been refurbished and looks lovely. I just hope in future the owners of the hotel realise what a unique venue they have and continue with refurbishing the bedrooms. I am sure the ratings would then improve. They could also look at using the room off of the bar as an alternative restaurant when function rooms being used. Visitors would not have to then rely on room service for food. Overall though we all had a fantastic day and I would recommend for a wedding venue.

Room Tip: Not above a function room if event on.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

The grounds are a bit shabby and so is the interior. Obviously money has been spent but more is needed. Very scruffy bathroom with hard to work shower and lavatory which just couldn't manage the job! The room was spacious and comfortable if very dated. Breakfast was good. Didn't try an evening meal as this seems to be very much a function venue with rooms. We went on a deal and for the price it was fine but at full price I should have had to complain. Attention to detail failed. Awful lighting in the bar made it not a place to tarry.Old full and dirty ash-trays on the terrace. Staff were quite friendly. Good for a deal but not otherwise

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadlow
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#4 of 14 in Maidstone

Been to Hadlow Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!